Sign in to follow this  
brynm

IXL Questions

Are the IXL's available in a VC config that would allow two to be wired up at one ohm? I'm thinking of either a dual 10" or dual 12" setup and would have a one ohm stable amp.

On that note as well, I don't see the IXL 10's on the mach5 website, only on the SSA, and I might as well order straight from Mark and not have to worry about duties.

Nope the VC config, they only come in Dual 2ohm....... so 2ohm it is for you (unless you can do 0.5ohm).

Jono

From the website:

The IXL-10 will be ready to ship once again in the coming days. Folks will be able to choose between a dual 2 Ohm and dual 1 Ohm options. These options will also be available on the IXL-12 and IXL-18, with the IXL-15 being made available at a later time.

Edited by Mike P.

Woops, my mistake............. Sorry for the incorrect info. ;)

From the website:

The IXL-10 will be ready to ship once again in the coming days. Folks will be able to choose between a dual 2 Ohm and dual 1 Ohm options. These options will also be available on the IXL-12 and IXL-18, with the IXL-15 being made available at a later time.

I cant wait for the dual 1 ohm options so I can get 2-12" IXL's for my SAZ-2000d.

Once Mark gives us the word on the other coil options, we will update the SSA Store.

Yes, the tooling has being acquired to finish these things off. Unfortunately, things don't go as fast as one wishes, but I anticipate it will move faster once the CNC gets set up.

Apologies for the delays....

Best,

Mark

As with the other IXL's, I am sure they will be worth the wait.

soi have a sundown1200d wired to 1 ohm to two ixl twelves does this mean im strappin half an ohm load? Do you think the ixls are under any pressure if it is?

What?

Amps don't get "wired to 1 ohm".. they see whatever load you have attached. If you have two ixl 12s (dual 2 ohm VC) and have both wired in parallel to the amp, then yeah it's seeing a 1/2 ohm load. The amp is what you have to worry about. iirc that amp can do 1/2 ohm (bet it's getting hot) but it voids the warranty.

You should wire each of the subs VC in series so they are both 4ohm and run those in parallel to the amp so it sees 2ohms. You won't get as much power, but you won't void your warranty and the amp will last longer.

Or just wait for the dual 1s so that it's matched properly.

Or just wait for the dual 1s so that it's matched properly.

Yeah. If you haven't ordered any yet then be patient for the new VC configs. You want to get the most possible out of your amp I'm assuming (run it at 1ohm), and there is no way to do that with the current ones, so hold tight. Not sure if Mark has an eta on them, but I'm sure they'll be well worth the wait.

Yeah, hang in there if you can. I will be devoting this week to get things firmed up with the parameters and voice coil configurations. I know, you've heard it already, but things are close...

Yeah, hang in there if you can. I will be devoting this week to get things firmed up with the parameters and voice coil configurations. I know, you've heard it already, but things are close...

Will there be away to pre-order these (not worried about a cheaper price but it would be a great feature, just want to buy them since its hard to hold onto money), any updates?

Edited by jay-cee

Ok, a couple of quick qualifier questions:

- what is your voice coil requirements - dual 2 or dual 1?

- what are your box config plans - BR or sealed?

Ok, a couple of quick qualifier questions:

- what is your voice coil requirements - dual 2 or dual 1?

- what are your box config plans - BR or sealed?

I want 2-12" Dual 1 ohms, I want to put them in the trunk of my 2003 Saturn Ion and have up to 4-4.3 ft^3 after displacements for a ported enclosure, they will be powered by my Sundown SAZ-2000D.