ABentley72

Is this a good sub

found this listing on craigslist They want $25 for it

10 inch pioneer sub in box.

works great!

3m53pb3oaZZZZZZZZZ973120820ba894f1919.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3ke3pc3l5ZZZZZZZZZ9734b1943b6c0b71bc7.jpg

i did some research and the sub alone retails for about $100

here are the specs: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-q2ffGnxXGbm/p_130TSW251R/Pioneer-TS-W251R.html

Is this a bargain, hows the sub?

im not trying to get the most powerful sub, just something that has some crisp bass that can bump in my car

Edited by ABentley72

for $25 why not buy it? ... if u dont like it throw it out lol

"Is this a good sub?" Well, if reproducing bass frequencies are what subs do then all subs are good, right?

25$ is 25$ its not a lot for a good working sub and box. I have one of those subs, it was the first sub i ever owned and have had it for 5 years and still works great you just cant overdrive it as with any sub. Pioneer i believe stopped making that model and revamped to a gray cone with a couple diff mods. 5 years ago i paid $56 + tax for just the sub, and the O so hated Wally box. But like i said i still have mine and it still works (in my wifes car lol) sounds clean for what it is and how much it cost. hope this helps.

25$ is 25$ its not a lot for a good working sub and box. I have one of those subs, it was the first sub i ever owned and have had it for 5 years and still works great you just cant overdrive it as with any sub. Pioneer i believe stopped making that model and revamped to a gray cone with a couple diff mods. 5 years ago i paid $56 + tax for just the sub, and the O so hated Wally box. But like i said i still have mine and it still works (in my wifes car lol) sounds clean for what it is and how much it cost. hope this helps.

What he means is.

The sub obviously got him his wife.

So its probably awesome!!

Would work well as a powered sub in a home set-up...IMO

I usually retire my old subs to the home stereo.

"Is this a good sub?" Well, if reproducing bass frequencies are what subs do then all subs are good, right?

thanks for your wisdom