bngblzr

won my first trophy today...

Well i went to my first show today since my truck was vandalized and robbed. It was a local car club show and although it rained the show turned out great. I entered in the mini truck and the DB classes. I didn't win for mini truck but i did take 3rd in the DB drag. There were roughly 10 cars that actually had something decent that were allowed to compete. I think i did pretty good being that 1st and 2nd went to sponsored vehicle's. They were using Memphis audio amps and 1 mojo i think 15 each. There setups were identical. on being in a 02ish cavalier and the other in a 06 Grand prix. The cavalier had a wall in the backseat and the Prix just had a nice box in the truck. The cavalier hit 148.0 and the prix hit upper 146's. both pushing 2500 RMS for there burps. I am running 2 kicker L7 12's with a Rockford 1500.1bd, the older 2 ohm stable one (shark fin) i hit 144.6 DB using music as i was completely Unprepared to DB drag :(. Is 146.8 good for my setup? its just as loud as my old pioneer 12's (4) that were stolen from me. This is the first time ive been lucky enough to find a good meter (termlab). Me and my friends built the box and amp rack just before the show. i literally finished up at 5am and had to be at the show @ 8 am. here is a link to my photo bucket. http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/bngblzr/Outta%20Control%202009/ LMK what you think.

going from four 12"s to two 12"s and still getting the same output and if not more than I would say it is good for your setup. that doesnt mean there isnt room for improvement, as you know in car audio any tweaking will result in better numbers. so keep the work up and good scores.

fing05.gif Congrats man!! fing05.gif

thanks guys. im pretty impressed. Now its time for 2 maybe even 4 15" L7's :)

what was the 4 12" subs' box tuned to? and why did you go with the push/pull style? Just wondering.

that's a great score for your scenario.

You should be able to pull upwards in the 146 area with some fine tuning and box position and in the 48s if u had time to completely rebuild it for comp with proper prior testing.

The cavalier that did a 48 in a wall off of 2500w is not that great UNLESS it is also a daily driven vehicle.

the 4 12" box was at 35Hz. And the subs are in there own cambers, and are still in "phase". I did it just for looks.

what was the 4 12" subs' box tuned to? and why did you go with the push/pull style? Just wondering.

Good job man. If its for a daily driver your doing good. Im in the same ball park just a little higher but take into account mines tune at 30hz and peaks at 43hz

I dont think it was a daily. But how can a Tiny car with a wall in the backseat be a daily? they should have had to classes. "wild" and "mild" or something. In my eyes a daily should RETAIN all Factoty seating that is permanatly bolt in, and in vans have at least on back Seat/row. My truck has been all over the U.S. From Tempe AZ to Traverse City MI for shows and vacation. I dont normally enter because i dont feal thats it "showy" enough, that all changed when the first car a ,cavalier with 2 12"s burped @ 132 :)

quote name='shizzzon' date='27 July 2009 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1248733058' post='542419']

that's a great score for your scenario.

You should be able to pull upwards in the 146 area with some fine tuning and box position and in the 48s if u had time to completely rebuild it for comp with proper prior testing.

The cavalier that did a 48 in a wall off of 2500w is not that great UNLESS it is also a daily driven vehicle.

Congrats, just don't let it suck you in too bad. ;)