Will it make a big enough difference in upgrading quality of my midrange amp but not power to be worth it? Will it make a difference in the sound of my? Or is 400 watts 400 watts and switching amps to a higher quality amp of the same power not make a noticable difference?

Will it make a big enough difference in upgrading quality of my midrange amp but not power to be worth it? Will it make a difference in the sound of my? Or is 400 watts 400 watts and switching amps to a higher quality amp of the same power not make a noticable difference?

well in some cases power is power it just really depends on the quality of the amplifier your have to start out with (well hifonics is known to put out power and so many say their underrated so their 400 can be around 320 or a little more). While companies like Sundown will give you real power and rate at 400 rms but give you more than that and add some more sound quality to your overall system also. I will say that you will get upgrades by switching to a better quality amp whether its power or sound qualtiy and most times both.

A dude on this forum did a review between a kicker amp and sundown amp that he swtiched out for his midrange and he still got more power and better quality, so in my opinion Sundown Audio FTW!

Edited by jay-cee

I upgraded from a crunch 1800.4 to a sundown SAX-125.2 on my 6x9's and it was a world of difference. The SQ was amazing. Blew the crunch right out the wata!

I plan on running 2 more speakers im going to put 2 more 5 1/4'' s in my rear doors for a total of 8 speakers. I would like to send about 50 watts to each speaker so I need 100 X 4 @ 2 ohms per channel. Im not too familiar with Sundown amps would a sax 50.4 give me this amount of power @ 2 ohms?

you can look at their amps on the ssa's store or sundown audio.com

The Sundown Sax 50.4 does 80 x 4 @ 2 ohms (plus some) and the Sundown Sax 100.4 does 160 x 4 @ 2 ohms (plus some).

The Sundown sale is about to end!

The Sundown sale is about to end!

I know I was looking at the sax 50.4. I think this amp will fit my needs, but im not ready to buy another mid amp yet. Im still trying to get my electrical straighted out. I know the sale will be over by the time I get this situated so I will probably have to try and find one used.

Why do you want eight 5 1/4" speakers? Especially more in your rear doors...you want the sound to come from in front of you, that's why it's called a front stage. Put a good component set in front of you it will sound much better and probably be louder than all eight of your 5 1/4"ers.

Why do you want eight 5 1/4" speakers? Especially more in your rear doors...you want the sound to come from in front of you, that's why it's called a front stage. Put a good component set in front of you it will sound much better and probably be louder than all eight of your 5 1/4"ers.

I only have 2 5 1/4's, Im going to add 2 more in the back doors. I dont care for component sets.

I only have 2 5 1/4's, Im going to add 2 more in the back doors. I dont care for component sets.

Why on EARTH do you not care for components?

Yeah, component sets are worlds better than coaxials. You can put crossovers on each speaker individually, you can change the mounting location of the tweeter for the best sound, the mid doesn't have a big hole in the middle of it for a tweeter stand, etc.

Yeah, component sets are worlds better than coaxials. You can put crossovers on each speaker individually, you can change the mounting location of the tweeter for the best sound, the mid doesn't have a big hole in the middle of it for a tweeter stand, etc.

true, true...... :chat:

I know it sounds crazy but with the setup in this car I dont want to run components. I probably will run them in my other car.

What are some good affordable comps? I heard the phonenix gold rsd's were pretty good.

What are some good affordable comps? I heard the phonenix gold rsd's were pretty good.

There are a number of people happy with them along with Crystals if you can find them on ebay.

Considering you are running rears the question is moot. The best thing you could do for sound quality with your current setup would be to get rid of your rear speakers completely, take out the 5.25's that you have and buy something else. Changing your amps will not make much of a difference and is not your problem.

Considering you are running rears the question is moot. The best thing you could do for sound quality with your current setup would be to get rid of your rear speakers completely, take out the 5.25's that you have and buy something else. Changing your amps will not make much of a difference and is not your problem.

lmao this guy sounds like me with all the speakers