Sign in to follow this  
dsm2nrs1

Powering a sundown 4500d

What electrical setup do i need to power a sundown 4500d at 1 ohm?

What size alt?

what wire size?

what size battery?

how many batteries?

what battery brand should i get?

Thanks,

Mike

You'll want basically as large of an alternator as you can find for your vehicle and at least one extra battery. For wire size, at least 1/0.

alt 250-300

batteries about 3-4

batteries suggestion xs power 3100, batcap 4000, kinetik hc2400, or those crazy deka ones or evern those fricking power surge batteries are nuts! (or so ppl say)

as for wiring 0/1 minium but 0/4 would be your best bet if you are going the 0/1 route use the knu stuff if the 0/4 umm pop into your welding store and see what they have!

Damn! So one big alt and 0/1 gauge wire and how many batteries??? Wouldnt one big battery be enough?

You might want to email Sundown directly to know for sure what is suggested. An amp like that when pushed will draw insane amounts of current, so multiple batteries at least on top of the upgraded alternator.

Damn! So one big alt and 0/1 gauge wire and how many batteries??? Wouldnt one big battery be enough?

the alt depends on your vehicle for size and availability.

with that much power the minimum ill do is 2 runs of 1/0.

and no 1 battery will not be enough ( will it depends on how u plan on runnin the amp) but no

and p.s. -- its 1/0 not 0/1

You need at least two Group-31 batteries and at least a 200-amp alternator to even think about it if you intend to REALLY use the full power constantly.

i have 2 of the protos and 5 Stinger SPV70's a 350amp alt and on music i almost immediately voltage drops to 12.0V @ 2000 RPMs im my personal opinion i would use no less than 4 group 31 batts and as big of an alt you can get for bass race or music on a regular basis but i love them

and p.s. -- its 1/0 not 0/1

thanks i guess i have been typing it wrong for a while now! lol! thanks though! 1/0

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Sign in to follow this