Sign in to follow this  
ineedhelp

new sub setup

ok, im new here, so hi

i have a small car that i have an old used rockford phosgate 12" sub set up to a really old amp, and im in need of an upgrade. im kind of on a budget. i have a 2000 watt power acoustik amp picked out (with a bass knob), and now im looking for subs. im not sure if i should go with a rockford punch (stage 3?) 15", 2 rockford punch (stage 2?) 12's, or get a fi ssd 15" (probably with the bp power and copper coil)...or if you have any other sugestions in the same price range, please leave them (gotta consider my options eh?) sorry if like my terminology is off im pretty new in the whole car audio thing, but im addicted to bass and cant stop haha

thanks guys

Edited by ineedhelp

ok, im new here, so hi

i have a small car that i have an old used rockford phosgate 12" sub set up to a really old amp, and im in need of an upgrade. im kind of on a budget. i have a 2000 watt power acoustik amp picked out (with a bass knob), and now im looking for subs. im not sure if i should go with a rockford punch (stage 3?) 15", 2 rockford punch (stage 2?) 12's, or get a fi ssd 15" (probably with the bp power and copper coil)...or if you have any other sugestions in the same price range, please leave them (gotta consider my options eh?) sorry if like my terminology is off im pretty new in the whole car audio thing, but im addicted to bass and cant stop haha

thanks guys

glad you could join us.

whats your budget for subs, amp?

what else will be in the system (head unit, front stage speakers, electrical wise)?

i already have all the wire im going to need, and i have a head unit already.. so all id need is just a sub(s) and a box and an amp.the amp im looking to spend around 180 on, and the subil probably max out at 250.

Welcome to SSA. Are you set on that amp? Also, what are your goals?

i just want more pound, but in an everyday driving situation. like the 12" i have now is ok, but i want more. no, im not set on that amp, but its the cheapest one ive found that has enough power to power a fi ssd 15", which was my first option.

Couple of Dcons off a 1000rms amp should do really well in a ported box.

So 310 for subs and I am sure you could find a 1000rms amp to suffice under 200. Would be a nice little setup for ya.

I have always had good luck with Maxxsonics stuff and like the BXi amp I have or any autotek amp should do. The 1610BXi amp can be had for under 200 or right around there IIRC on eghey.

those are pretty expendsive though..for sub and amp im looking to blow like 400

those are pretty expendsive though..for sub and amp im looking to blow like 400

Okay, so we have a budget of $400. Now with that budget, what are your goals?

Good sound and blending with your front stage/rest of stereo?

Crazy output on the cheap?

Ability to have decent output, but not piss off the neighbors ?

crazy output. my setup right now is pretty weak, so i want something that i can really feel

The amp you're looking at may be a good 800 watt amp but not anywhere near 2000watts... what they say (max) and what they'll actually do are two different things...

for 400 you're not going to get "crazy output" you can get better than you have.... but not "crazy"

what exactly do you have now (not what you plan on, but what you own right now)?

Model numbers, brand...ect..

Sub:

Amp:

Head Unit:

Wiring (gauge?):

are you able to build your own box?

It's always handy to know what you're trying to replace/upgrade.

The amp you're looking at may be a good 800 watt amp but not anywhere near 2000watts... what they say (max) and what they'll actually do are two different things...

for 400 you're not going to get "crazy output" you can get better than you have.... but not "crazy"

yeah more output. im not sure about the sub, its just an old rockford fosgate, and the amp is called insignia. its really old. guage 4 or 8 wire, whichever is thinner (i forget), and a kenwood KDC-138 head unit

and yeah i made a box for a 15" for my friend today , but i can make whatever

Edited by ineedhelp

If you're on a tight budget, why don't you start with only one sub and a good amp?

You will buy a second sub later if you feel the need.

You can build your box, so it will be easy for you to upgrade later.

But don't buy crap, keep saving money until you can afford something good.

You will be happier with good products (in a good install).

If you're on a tight budget, why don't you start with only one sub and a good amp?

You will buy a second sub later if you feel the need.

You can build your box, so it will be easy for you to upgrade later.

But don't buy crap, keep saving money until you can afford something good.

You will be happier with good products (in a good install).

but what would you recomend?

I recommend you save up some more cash and grab one of these package deals, might just be your best bet:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Package-Deals/

Edited by jay-cee

I have the package with the Icon 15 and the sundown saz 1000 : it's great.

I love it so much!!!:)

The package with the Xcon must be fantastic too!!!!

You can't loose with them!

If you're too much on a budget, look for the package with the 2 Dcon subs and the sax 125.2.

these are just examples, do some more research if you want.

But remember : you need money to be happy!!!!!!!

I agree on the idea of either going with a set up where you have room to expand and grow with, or saving money to get what you are after.

I have the package with the Icon 15 and the sundown saz 1000 : it's great.

I love it so much!!! :)

The package with the Xcon must be fantastic too!!!!

You can't loose with them!

If you're too much on a budget, look for the package with the 2 Dcon subs and the sax 125.2.

these are just examples, do some more research if you want.

But remember : you need money to be happy!!!!!!!

x2

im trying to sell my 2 AA atlas 15's, i'd sell them to you for $250 Plus SH for both. that with a kicker kx600.1 would a very good setup and could be had for a total around $400. the atlas's are very good sq subs and can get loud if put in a good box. just an idea if your not interrested no biggie just throwing out an idea.