jren04

Which brand is better

You could look at something else, while you're here !

SSA, Fi, Incriminator, Ascendant, ...and many more good ones : the choice is yours!!!

I've never heared MTX subs, but I had several Kicker L7 15" : never liked them. Now, I'm truly happy with my Ssa Icon.

I don't like kicker amps because of their fixed subsonic filter. I never had an interest in MTX stuff.

Fi FTW :D

Dont care for either, but id have to say kicker.

Better for what? Meaning an 8L5 might be the best driver for install "A" and a pair of 9512's might be the best for install "B". There are too many factors at hand to pick one or the other based on no parameters. But I agree with what was posted above, take a moment and check out some of the smaller brands that have sections hosted here. :)

Different strokes for different folks, but IMO and I have had a few of each, I would go with kicker.

Had 4 mtx 7500's, old school terminators and for Kicker had a few L5'S/L7's and a CVX. MTX's seemed built better though, but always enjoyed the sound more from the Kickers, especially my CVX when I had it.

And yes, I know people think it is just the round version of the L7.......I beg to differ.