Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Something wrong

So the other day i was driving down the street and the stereo was playing just fine.

I was on my way to get another door handle to replace the one that broke.

Everything was installed and i plugged my driver side door panel in and the speaker connected to it when the subwoofer stage started turning on and off. SO i immediately turned everything off,

I went back with a test light and everything was working fine so i plugged everything back together and it worked fine. So today on my way to work the sub stage cuts off completely. So I immediately turn everything off again. Go to work, and come back home. I did the test light thing again and every time i check the amp turn on lead ALL the speakers shut off and i get no signal from the wire. The head unit acts like it is playing a song, all the lights are on, the time is still going but NO sound. If i turn the head unit off and back on the speakers play, but right as soon as i check the amp turn on lead again everything turns off. From what i can see all the fuses are ok. The amp power and ground are also ok. I don't know what to do :(

So the other day i was driving down the street and the stereo was playing just fine.

Everything was installed and i plugged my driver side door panel in and the speaker connected to it when the subwoofer stage started turning on and off. SO i immediately turned everything off,

I went back with a test light and everything was working fine so i plugged everything back together and it worked fine. So today on my way to work the sub stage cuts off completely. So I immediately turn everything off again. Go to work, and come back home. I did the test light thing again and every time i check the amp turn on lead ALL the speakers shut off and i get no signal from the wire. The head unit acts like it is playing a song, all the lights are on, the time is still going but NO sound. If i turn the head unit off and back on the speakers play, but right as soon as i check the amp turn on lead again everything turns off. From what i can see all the fuses are ok. The amp power and ground are also ok. I don't know what to do :(

it sounds like you have a short or a loose connection somewhere ...try swapping the h/u first with a differnent 1 ... if it does the same thing try running a wire from your battery to your amp's turn on to see if it cuts out (make sure to disconnect the existing turn on wire from ur radio and ur amp) ... if it dosent then the turn on wire is shorting out somewhere ... if problem persists it might be your rcas if you are running an amp for your speakers ... try using a differennt set of rcas

Edited by Lucky 76

it sounds like you have a short or a loose connection somewhere ...try swapping the h/u first with a differnent 1 ... if it does the same thing try running a wire from your battery to your amp's turn on to see if it cuts out (make sure to disconnect the existing turn on wire from ur radio and ur amp) ... if it dosent then the turn on wire is shorting out somewhere ... if problem persists it might be your rcas if you are running an amp for your speakers ... try using a differennt set of rcas

I am running an amp to only the sub stage. I will follow the amp turn on lead to see if it is shorting. If it is, i have an idea where. The rcas could be bad, but i doubt it. Ill try the amp turn on battery idea. And all the other h/us i have i dont have the wiring harness for.