Notorious97200

got a new sub : a 15" Xcon

The Icon has a strong bottm end, yes for sure. It plays quite flat on all its frequencies.

It plays so low, when you compare it to some other woofers. I mean it plays low, but always with accuracy. It is music, not bull.gifmamoru-tehe.gif !!!

The Xcon is really more powerful, and is strong on the bottom too. It's called a sq woofer, but it has strong spl capacity (not for competition, but for listening).

The main difference is in the output for these 2 subs.

The xcon has so much output, with 1200 to 1800watts, that you can't focus on the low notes only. Everything comes in your face !!!

The Icon seems to be usable for all kind of music lovers. It is very loud, don't believe it's not, at all!!!

If you're not a basshead you don't really need an xcon. Maybe others will disagree!!!

In my town, caraudio fanatics use to play or demo their system on a parking lot every friday night.

They have loud system.

But when I play, they're all amazed with the way the Icon goes low and still very clean!!!

When my friend plays with his xcon, they all ask him to get out of the car, to turn it down!!!That it's not suitable for human being!!! They have never said that for all their "spl" install with "3000" watts rms.

It's just my opinion. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope you can understand my words 1sashanka, as it not very easy to explain in my "English as foreign language" !!!!!!!!!!!

That is very informative. Thank you.

I'm happy if that helped you. Coool

Looks good. :)

We love it !!!!!!!!!!

The old box gave us wonderful results, but with this one it's even better. going from 3.5 cu ft to 3.7, but still at 32 Hz.

More output, and more lowend .

We don't know if the changes come from the added volume or from the kerf slot port !

One thing I know : I need a sub like that, my 1000 watts amp must give me good results with it !!!

I'm just trying to sell my 15" Icon (that I love too) !

That box came out nice... what did you use to cover the part that goes in to the port ? looks nice.. i was wanting to do something like that but that looks like carbon fiber.. my truck has a bunch of stuff in it that has the carbon fiber look..

Yeah, it looks like carbon fiber!

But it is just a vinyl , like a big adhesive sticker.

I know my friend had a problem with it : after some listenings the sticker was going away, due to the big pressure in the port ! The sound was so loud, he thought he has a big problem with the woofer !!!

I don't know what he did to make it stick better, but he has no problem now.

And it looks really cool : the picture does not show it so well.