So im about to buy a daily BTL 18 with cooling, the HiXm coil, and whatever color dustcap. (any one color look awesome to you guys?) I don't have much money for an amp, only about $400 so i'll probably buy a temporary one untill i get enough money (that sundown audio stuff is WAY too expansive...). Either way it's going to be at 2000 rms. This is the only aftermarket thing on my stereo (2009 mustang w/shaker 1000). The BTL will replace two pioneer premier 12's (begginer subs only about 400 rms). From what i've read, im going to need to some electrical upgrades. The Big 3 i can do. Am i going to need a high output alternator?? and how many amps am i looking at? Is it absolutely necessary? because if it is, it's not going into my car. My car is a ford lease car from the company (dad works there) and you can absolutely not change the alternator seeing that i have to give it back to ford in a year. That's really NOT what im hoping, but if so i can wait till next year when i'll have my brothers 87 bronco at college. I need to earn more money for a better amp and a new alternator if so need be. I still would like to know how many amps my alternator must put out for this system. Please and thank you.

can you fit an 18" in the trunk of a mustang ???

i've done the measurements. i have about 8 cubic feet of flatness and my trunk is certainly tall enough. Plus i've seen a guy with an '02 mustang with one in the trunk.

it will fit

8 cubes in a trunk!? What kind of measurements? And that's 8 cubes after sub and port displacements right?

measurements like width * height * depth.... so it was like... whatever inches *whatever inches* whatever inches diveded by 12 cubed to convert the units into feet. prettty sure i did that right.. ford lists the 2010 mustang as having 13.4 cubic feet of luggage space and im sure a good 80% of that is in the trunk. BUT, you are surely correct in the fact that i didn't take sub and port displacements into consideration.. either way i can get the minimum of 5 cubes at least. after removing the factory subs in their i can get another cubic foot or two.. EITHER WAY, my question is not whether one will fit, i know it will fit, i've seen it fit. and even if it doesn't fit, i have another vehicle. my question is about the alternator. please answer that, you can grill me about volume all you want, as long as you answer my alternator question

Its gonna be powered by a hifonics BXI2610D. yeah yeah i know... get a sundown, or a memphis, or an expensive fosgate amp. BTL will be a dual 1 ohm. so the amp CLAIMS to give it like 1700 rms. ... i don't know if that helps but i thought maybe it would :coolugh:

Its gonna be powered by a hifonics BXI2610D. yeah yeah i know... get a sundown, or a memphis, or an expensive fosgate amp. BTL will be a dual 1 ohm. so the amp CLAIMS to give it like 1700 rms. ... i don't know if that helps but i thought maybe it would :coolugh:

Why are you running the amp at 2 ohms?

x2. If you havent ordered the BTL yet, then why not get a dual 2 ohm? Then run the amp @ 1.

well good point! i guess i'll do that.

8 cubes in a trunk!? What kind of measurements? And that's 8 cubes after sub and port displacements right?

measurements like width * height * depth.... so it was like... whatever inches *whatever inches* whatever inches diveded by 12 cubed to convert the units into feet. prettty sure i did that right.. ford lists the 2010 mustang as having 13.4 cubic feet of luggage space and im sure a good 80% of that is in the trunk. BUT, you are surely correct in the fact that i didn't take sub and port displacements into consideration.. either way i can get the minimum of 5 cubes at least. after removing the factory subs in their i can get another cubic foot or two.. EITHER WAY, my question is not whether one will fit, i know it will fit, i've seen it fit. and even if it doesn't fit, i have another vehicle. my question is about the alternator. please answer that, you can grill me about volume all you want, as long as you answer my alternator question

Why cant you put in a new alt and then when you give the car back switch it back to the stock one? If you can, take a look at Mechman. He has good prices and I see a lot of people using them. I going to hook mine up next weekend. :neil:

doesnt most of the people go with 160 amp atl?.

that should be good enough to handle the power correct?.

correct me if im wrong?

Why cant you put in a new alt and then when you give the car back switch it back to the stock one? If you can, take a look at Mechman. He has good prices and I see a lot of people using them. I going to hook mine up next weekend. :neil:

well see then i woul probably loose money, right? since i would have to sell the aftermarket alt seeing as it will no way be compatible with a 1978 Bronco which is the vehicle i will get. (july 2010) the AQ 2200D also looks like an acceptable amp... thinking about hooking it up with a kinetik battery... maybe a 3112?? I see lots of lots of people using the AQ 2200D amp with the sub so i figure why not?? Hell i think i'll just start buying all the stuff and just wait till i actually own a vehicle... or not :wacky:

well see then i woul probably loose money, right? since i would have to sell the aftermarket alt seeing as it will no way be compatible with a 1978 Bronco which is the vehicle i will get. (july 2010) the AQ 2200D also looks like an acceptable amp... thinking about hooking it up with a kinetik battery... maybe a 3112?? I see lots of lots of people using the AQ 2200D amp with the sub so i figure why not?? Hell i think i'll just start buying all the stuff and just wait till i actually own a vehicle... or not :wacky:

Well if you want that combo to shine at its peak in the mustang then yes. You will lose some money that way though in the resale so you are correct.

If you are going to get the Bronco later and use it and the system for a while, then you should try to maximize your dollars. Try to save your money and buy stuff like power and ground cable, fuse blocks, speaker wire, and dist blocks(if needed). You dont have to worry about wasting warr time with those things. You can wait for the amps, alt, mids or tweets, and drivers later and maybe have a better budget for something you really want. Instead of something you might settle for. If you have access to the truck now you can prewire it so when you get the goodies it will be ready to go.

Well if you want that combo to shine at its peak in the mustang then yes. You will lose some money that way though in the resale so you are correct.

If you are going to get the Bronco later and use it and the system for a while, then you should try to maximize your dollars. Try to save your money and buy stuff like power and ground cable, fuse blocks, speaker wire, and dist blocks(if needed). You dont have to worry about wasting warr time with those things. You can wait for the amps, alt, mids or tweets, and drivers later and maybe have a better budget for something you really want. Instead of something you might settle for. If you have access to the truck now you can prewire it so when you get the goodies it will be ready to go.

Well i think i can get 1200 without really working any more. just selling my current subs + a guitar + like $650 in cash. so im... gettting there!! but yeah i think you got it right man.