Sign in to follow this  
crazytexan

One IA DR 18 in a ported enclosure.

Well I am looking to take advantage of the amazing deal for a free enclosure with the purchase of a subwoofer. I have been looking at getting an Incriminator Audio Death Row 18" subwoofer to be housed in the back of my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT.

Seeing the recommendations of a box is:

# 18" DVC1 & DVC2 ohm

# Sealed Not Recommended

# Ported 5.0 cubes - 8.0 cubes, 60 - 120 Inches of Port, 32-37 Hz

# Average: 6.5 cubes, 90 inches, 32-37 Hz

The current max dimensions in my rear of the SUV I have 16" in Height (looking to stay below window line) x 38" in Wide x 26 in" Deep.

With these measurements it leaves me with an area that is 7.50 ft ^ 3 so I have a little wiggle room since recommended is 6.5 ft ^3 and I would like to tune to 32hz. I figured this will leave room for brace displacement in box? Not 100% I'm not the fabricator. :)

I was interested in a design where the sub facing up and port back to the tailgate hatch. I was also looking to have the enclosure wrapped in charcoal colored carpet (AM8).

I know the subwoofer purchased from you in $379+shipping then I'm looking at + shipping for the (large) box.

I was wondering if I could get price quoted out-the-door shipped to 85755 box and subwoofer. I will be calling you this week as he sale ends this week to work out everything.

I'll go ahead and tell you that JUST using a double baffle and bracing will leave with 6.5 cubes.... then you must subtract port volume which will drop you to almost 5 cubes NET after all displacements.

If you are looking for the most cone area for what room you have, i would suggest 2 12s ported.

I'll go ahead and tell you that JUST using a double baffle and bracing will leave with 6.5 cubes.... then you must subtract port volume which will drop you to almost 5 cubes NET after all displacements.

If you are looking for the most cone area for what room you have, i would suggest 2 12s ported.

Well, I have about 2-3 inches more in width I can work with, and another 3 inches in depth to adjust my numbers. Also, I don't "need" to stay below window line but it would be preferred.

ok, u gonna need every little bit of that just to get it in an optimum box...

Everything else will be left to Audibel Customs for his own enclosure details.

So the new dimensions will be-

16" high

40" wide

29" deep

Please remember that if 29" deep means the box has no breathing room for the port... that this design will not work.

I really appreciate your input. With 29" it has breathing room. I will no longer have a 7 seated vehicle :)

i dont think people sittin in the very back would appreciate it anyways, lol

Ok, well should sound good for Audibel Customs. I'm done helpin since this is his house so i'm out.

shoot me an e-mail or a phone call if I don't answer the phone leave a message I am normally on the table saw every evening.