bigrank916

Badmouthing my setup

i had a shop build my box, and then install my sub and amp in my Explorer for me. after getting my new truck i transferred everything. when i was taking it out of the Explorer i found out they grounded it once, then moved it and inch away and did it again! WTF? then after some research i found out they built my box too small after telling me they built it right. its actually around 1.5ft^3 instead of just over 2. then one day im driving and my amp blows. so i take everything apart and find out my sub was wired at .5 ohm. i told the guy my sub was D1 in the beginning and he claimed they wired it at 2.

the best part is after they installed it i get a phone call from him saying one of his install guys took my wire strippers out of my truck thinking they were theirs?? i had them in the truck still from when i installed my HU. he told me he would ship them to me if i gave him my address. so i did. about a month later i call him back up looking for my strippers. he claims he lost the paper he wrote my address on. so i gave it to him again and he said he would ship them. 5 months later... still no strippers.

i had a shop build my box, and then install my sub and amp in my Explorer for me. after getting my new truck i transferred everything. when i was taking it out of the Explorer i found out they grounded it once, then moved it and inch away and did it again! WTF? then after some research i found out they built my box too small after telling me they built it right. its actually around 1.5ft^3 instead of just over 2. then one day im driving and my amp blows. so i take everything apart and find out my sub was wired at .5 ohm. i told the guy my sub was D1 in the beginning and he claimed they wired it at 2.

the best part is after they installed it i get a phone call from him saying one of his install guys took my wire strippers out of my truck thinking they were theirs?? i had them in the truck still from when i installed my HU. he told me he would ship them to me if i gave him my address. so i did. about a month later i call him back up looking for my strippers. he claims he lost the paper he wrote my address on. so i gave it to him again and he said he would ship them. 5 months later... still no strippers.

You should of went up their to get your strippers instead of waiting on them(your fault) and went off on them for a horrible install.

You should of went up their to get your strippers instead of waiting on them(your fault) and went off on them for a horrible install.

yeah i know my fault. i just never messed with it. i did tell him my mind when i called the second time about my strippers. one of my buddies that went there around the same time i did told them off as well.

Here in houston,tx. only a handful of people know of sundown or IA. everyone else relies on BS shops for their audio. I'm a soundstream and RE audio/US amps dealer and I'm trying to spread them into the houston area. everyone is riding memphis, JL, and Kickers Jock.

SHops in my area:

Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Pioneer, Orion, Alpine...

I tell them about Sundown, Fi, Audioque, DD and all the underground companies.

But, they don't want to hear it, but know a little about it.

Underground audio > Mainstream audio.

:woot:

I went to a couple local shops in my area for a ported box to be built (no tools). They immediately bad mouthed my choice of subs and amp as soon as they heard what I was running. Supposedly ALL internet brands are fly by night and have terrible CS....LMAO!!!

Had the same issue at Freeman's car audio. They went as far as saying x-cons were junk and i should get w3 15"s instead. Oh and not to mention they wanted 7-800 for a 7cu/ft box :WTFBubble:

Ya I had some problems there too. I asked if they had a 200 amp fuse and they said that I had no reason for a 200 amp fuse and they then proceeded to try and sell me a 140 amp circuit breaker which would NOT have worked AT ALL.

This seems to be consistent practice now a days in brick and mortar shops. Bashing product they know nothing about so they can push their brands at epic mark ups.

clap.gif

Nothing more true than that my man.

Edited by J31Rob

In my car, the only equipement I bought in one of our few shop is my Focal comp set : this particular shop is an official Focal dealer. I bought my hu in a shop too, but in Paris (France), when I was on a trip for my job ! I can't use US head units because of the different fm radio system.

Amps, sub, wiring, etc... : online shopping!!

The only place I could fing 0 Ga ring terminal is an accessories shop for boats !

So I was at my local shop last weekend picking up some ring terminals for the big 3. I start tellin the owner what my new setup is going to be and wouldnt you know...hes talkin shit!!! Its not like I never bought stuff from him before. Hell the subs in my truck now are from him.

So its like...Btl? Whats this? It looks like a spaceship. See look at those baskets. Thats an old style. People dont use those anymore...Sundown? Ya I think a guy came in here with that crap. 4500 watts? No, never man. Maybe 1875 at most...Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I kept my cool and just let him run his mouth. I'll just let my system do the talkin for me. Cant wait to go back and blow that hairpiece right off his dome! :ready2go:

I know this threads a little older but you didn't buy the terminals did you?!? After all that shit talk I would have said, "Welp see ya later!" and bought them somewhere else