mwoehr

My opinion of my 2 DCON 12s

As most of you probably know, I have a pair of DCON 12s being powered off a RF T500-1bd. They were in a sealed box for a while (1.25 cubes each) and I was very unsatisfied and disappointed by them sealed. I didn't like them at all sealed and was on the verge of selling them or giving them to my girlfriend. I finally got a ported box for them made by a local shop (2.25 cubes each tuned to 33hz) and now they are my favorite subs that I have every owned! They are definitely loud ported and drop very low and have awesome sound quality and I just plain love them! I don't know why anyone in their right mind would choose to have them sealed over ported lol. Their sound quality is actually ALOT better ported than sealed. I'm telling you, don't sleep on the dcon's just because they are low power subs and don't take much power to get moving. I have had people thinking I have about 1000 - 1500 watts and they are shocked to find I just have 500 watts. My next setup is going to be 4 dcon 12s powered off a Sundown SAZ-1000D in a RAV-4 or Highlander. I will post pictures and videos as soon as I get a chance.

p.s. If you want speakers that will sound awesome without needing external amps I highly suggest MTX Thunder Dome-Axials. They are very efficient and sound crystal clear. I have had people thinking I had components and extra amps with them when I just have them powered off my Alpine CDA-9886 deck!

Edited by Jysoe

Thanks for the review. Glad you gave them a chance ported. :)