doug118

AudioControl processor/crossovers

is anyone on here using them? I was looking through their website and found a diagram that shows pretty much exactly what I will be running so I figured I would just copy what they suggest. here's a picture of the diagram

Untitled.jpg

can someone fill me in on the pros/cons to running something like that? I know 1 pro would be a much greater tuning capability but not sure on the cons

any input/advice is helpful

edit: heres a link for the 6xs http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5251/18487/Car-Audio-Electronic-Crossovers/6XS-6-Channel-Electronic-Crossover.html

and the link for the crossover http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5250/14149/In--Dash-Car-Audio-Processors/Three1-In--Dash-Car-Audio-Equalizer-and-Crossover.html

Edited by doug118

a cons would be having to run to the back of the vechical to change some settings then go back up front to see if they worked out better...

i've never done active off the an external processor but id probably have to recommend an indash unit.. although a 360.2 might be nice, however i've never researched it. (way outa my price range...)

i also dont see any TA with those...

by the way, what exactly are your plans for this system?? ..infact answer this question first!

my plan is to have a really nice sounded front stage to keep up with some music in the mid 140s (crosses fingers) and have plenty of control on how everything sounds

also, the 6xs can be mounted in the glove box and the three.1 will be mounted in the dash below the headunit

Before, when I did not have a HU with an EQ or crossover, I had the 4.1. Was a nice unit for quick, and easy adjustment at all times. Actually kind of miss it just for that fact. Their crossovers are very nice and worth it IMO if you don't have crossovers on the HU or decent ones on the amplifiers.

my plan is to have a really nice sounded front stage to keep up with some music in the mid 140s (crosses fingers) and have plenty of control on how everything sounds

also, the 6xs can be mounted in the glove box and the three.1 will be mounted in the dash below the headunit

"Plenty of control" will require a digital processor not some simple analog crossover.

i meant plenty of control for me. I am running a fairly simple setup. tweeters off 1 amp, front mids off a 2nd amp, rear highs off a 3rd amp, and the sub off the 4th

My point still stands. No eq and no t/a is not plenty of control. Personally if that were my only choice I'd just run passive.