Sign in to follow this  
eman88

Cone dented/pushed in on icon, problem?

I had my sub and box out of my car because I was moving and didn't want to damage it. It was just sitting on a table in my house, and I went to put it back in my car, and the cone is dented. I have no idea whether someone in my house pushed on it or how it happened.

Regardless, will this have a impact on how the sub works? I can take a picture later and post it, its about a 3 inch diameter dent on a 10" icon.

Also, is there anyway to pop it back out?

Edited by eman88

Is it on the dust cap?

Is it on the dust cap?

Yes, its only the dust cap that's dented, it looks like there might also be crease on the edge of the dent because it is near the edge of the dust cap.

Is it on the dust cap?

Yes, its only the dust cap that's dented, it looks like there might also be crease on the edge of the dent because it is near the edge of the dust cap.

if you can gently stick some kind of rod or end of a ratchet through the poll piece and pop it out from the back side of it, thats a quick fix for you.

Just be gentile and you should be fine. My 3 year old pushed in the cap on the original production 10 that is in my avatar. I was able to gently pop it back out. :)

Is it on the dust cap?

if you can gently stick some kind of rod or end of a ratchet through the poll piece and pop it out from the back side of it, thats a quick fix for you.

Thanks guys for your advice, I will try that later today!

back in the day about 1996, I had 2 soundstream SPL-160's in a massive ported box, some one tried to steal it and coldn't lift it lol. So I can only assume out of anger or spite they pushed in both dust caps. I was horrified at 1st but then at the next comp I didn't drop even a tenth on the meter and actually won the comp with the ugly dented dust caps. However a month ago my buddy Mike from Team Renots has been blowing the dustcaps off his 15 (he has 4 15's walled in a olds. cutlass, believe they are T3 tsns I know they are all customed to the hilt) and lost on the meter. Of course he is hitting 160's dunno if that is a sign something else is wrong or a coincedence or what but fig. it was worth mentioning.

Dents in the dustcap should have no effect on sound. Missing/blown off dust caps, on the other hand, change things a bit.

Just another reason why I love inverted dust caps!

Dents in the dustcap should have no effect on sound. Missing/blown off dust caps, on the other hand, change things a bit.

Just another reason why I love inverted dust caps!

Thanks guys, I got the dent out! :wacky:

Great!