Sign in to follow this  
4X4AUTIGER

Not Happy

Alright so i get my sae 1200D and 12" fi bl installed saturday. drive around for 30 minutes and love it. stop to eat for about 45 minutes. when i come back and try to turn it on the sub makes a weird noise and the amp goes into protection mode. restart the car a couple of times and it does the same thing. take it to the place i got it installed and they rewire it and it still goes into protection and they hook up an alpine amp and the alpine works fine. so do i send it back? or is there some other way of fixing it?

time to get more specific-

turn car into accessory mode and see if the amp comes on or if it's in protect.

Do not turn it up at all, leave stereo as low as possible! No beatin when the car isn't on!

May be low voltage or it may already be damaged from low voltage surge.

Or... maybe the amp's led colors inside got reversed and it's actually working, lol

Alright so i get my sae 1200D and 12" fi bl installed saturday. drive around for 30 minutes and love it. stop to eat for about 45 minutes. when i come back and try to turn it on the sub makes a weird noise and the amp goes into protection mode. restart the car a couple of times and it does the same thing. take it to the place i got it installed and they rewire it and it still goes into protection and they hook up an alpine amp and the alpine works fine. so do i send it back? or is there some other way of fixing it?

Check all wiring to make sure everything is right and still connected. Maybe something came loose on your test drive?

Do not turn it up at all, leave stereo as low as possible! No beatin when the car isn't on!

Or... maybe the amp's led colors inside got reversed and it's actually working, lol

its not connected and and the audio guys did everything and its not working... i have a 90 day warranty but i dont know where to send it

Check all wiring to make sure everything is right and still connected. Maybe something came loose on your test drive?

yeah we rewired it and it didnt work. and we put an alpine amp and the alpine worked

its not connected and and the audio guys did everything and its not working... i have a 90 day warranty but i dont know where to send it

That could be a problem right there. I hope they did it right. Thats why I always hook everything up myself so if somethin goes wrong, I effed up. Nobody to blame but me. Does the protection light come on?

Edited by bigrank916

That could be a problem right there. I hope they did it right. Thats why I always hook everything up myself so if somethin goes wrong, I effed up. Nobody to blame but me. If you know somebody with a system try and ask them if you can hook it up in their car and see if it works. You can then rule out sending it back.

The guys that installed it have been in car audio for 30+ years... and why would i not be able to send it back???

my 1200 just broke too after a few weeks of playing. prob going have to send it in to db-r

honestly, i dont care if Jacob hooked it up for you, everybody makes mistakes so you can't view someone as old as the installer is as being perfect.

if u say the protect light always comes on regardless of what u do, then contact sundown and see what to do next.

Then... when this is all done, let us know what the problem was.

That could be a problem right there. I hope they did it right. Thats why I always hook everything up myself so if somethin goes wrong, I effed up. Nobody to blame but me. If you know somebody with a system try and ask them if you can hook it up in their car and see if it works. You can then rule out sending it back.

The guys that installed it have been in car audio for 30+ years... and why would i not be able to send it back???

Not saying its their fault but you never know. You can send it back if you want but just make sure there is something really wrong with it. It never hurts to double and triple check things.

honestly, i dont care if Jacob hooked it up for you, everybody makes mistakes so you can't view someone as old as the installer is as being perfect.

if u say the protect light always comes on regardless of what u do, then contact sundown and see what to do next.

alright ill be contacted them... i was just so excited about my system and i only got to hear it for about 30 minutes :(

alright ill be contacted them... i was just so excited about my system and i only got to hear it for about 30 minutes :(

Don't worry Jacob is a good guy and will take care of you.

Don't worry Jacob is a good guy and will take care of you.

thanks i was just sooooo frustrated because the 30 minutes i heard was like teasing me :Doh:

Did you already speak w/ dB-R ? I think he e-mailed me last night and said you did - so simply send it in as he suggested.

Did you already speak w/ dB-R ? I think he e-mailed me last night and said you did - so simply send it in as he suggested.

yupp i posted this topic before i sent him an email... cant wait to get it back!

yupp i posted this topic before i sent him an email... cant wait to get it back!

Let us know how things work out, and hope your back in the game soon.

Sign in to follow this