mimo73

2 L7 10's ported in a single cab 06 Sierra?

Hi folks. I just picked up a pair of L7 10's to go in my single cab 06 Sierra. I would like to go ported if I can make it play loud and hard enough over a sealed setup to be worth while, however I am not sure as to what my best bet would be in terms of porting for this. The enclosure dimentions will be18"Hx57"Wx7D which is good for 2.91 cubes if my math is right. I've been running 1 12" powerbass L12 in a 2 cubic ft ported enclosure with the sub behind the pasenger seat and one 4" port firing up from the top on the oposite end and it has sounded pretty decent, but I want to run more power and get louder and due to mounting depth issues a more substantial higher power handling 12 isn't in the cards so decided to go with the 2 10's. So my question after all that is if if anyone can offer up a good porting solution for this setup if there is one? i know it's not really ideal with the enclosure being so shallow in depth but my 12 has sounded better than I expected so I figure it may be worth a try. If it doesn't cut it I can always go sealed and be done with it. Should I try and slot port it , or possibly go with a couple 3" round precision ports? You tell me I'm at a loss.

Hi folks. I just picked up a pair of L7 10's to go in my single cab 06 Sierra. I would like to go ported if I can make it play loud and hard enough over a sealed setup to be worth while, however I am not sure as to what my best bet would be in terms of porting for this. The enclosure dimentions will be18"Hx57"Wx7D which is good for 2.91 cubes if my math is right. I've been running 1 12" powerbass L12 in a 2 cubic ft ported enclosure with the sub behind the pasenger seat and one 4" port firing up from the top on the oposite end and it has sounded pretty decent, but I want to run more power and get louder and due to mounting depth issues a more substantial higher power handling 12 isn't in the cards so decided to go with the 2 10's. So my question after all that is if if anyone can offer up a good porting solution for this setup if there is one? i know it's not really ideal with the enclosure being so shallow in depth but my 12 has sounded better than I expected so I figure it may be worth a try. If it doesn't cut it I can always go sealed and be done with it. Should I try and slot port it , or possibly go with a couple 3" round precision ports? You tell me I'm at a loss.

I have a pair of 10's behind the pass seat in my single cab silverado. The box is as long as the width of the cab, with the port on the bottom and the amp sits above the subs. I'll have to post pics of the box because its kinda hard to explain how I built it. The pass seat is moved all the way forward though thats the only downfall to the box.

If those are external dimensions the subs won't fit.

7" - 3/4 - 3/4 = 5.5" and the sub is more than 6" deep.

On top of that if you have 2.9cuft gross that is about the right volume for one of them, not two.

If those are external dimensions the subs won't fit.

7" - 3/4 - 3/4 = 5.5" and the sub is more than 6" deep.

On top of that if you have 2.9cuft gross that is about the right volume for one of them, not two.

I plan to use MDF mounting rings to space them out of the box as needed. That's how I got my powerbass 12 to work in the 7 inch box depth and it's a slightly deeper sub than the L7's. Your right though without the rings it's for sure a no go. According to Kickers specs on their site recommended air space on the small side for 2 10's vented is 2.5 cu ft. I'll be right at 3 cu ft which puts me right about middle of the road between max recommended and min rec dimensions. I'm not going to compete SPL so I assume this should work ok for me.

03 Silverado I'd love to see some pics of your box if you can find time to post a couple.

Thanks for the replies BTW.

Mine is just a simple sealed box. 1.25cuft, nothing to "see". I hope your 3cuft was net and not gross.

I had a gen 1 S12L7 in a 1.75 cf box tuned to 40Hz and off of a ZR240 at 2 ohms (~450 wrms for that amp) in a '94 Bravada hit a 141.1, so 2 S10L7's in almost 3 cf should suffice. I'd recommend 1.20 per sub and use the remaining .6 for port.

I had a gen 1 S12L7 in a 1.75 cf box tuned to 40Hz and off of a ZR240 at 2 ohms (~450 wrms for that amp) in a '94 Bravada hit a 141.1, so 2 S10L7's in almost 3 cf should suffice. I'd recommend 1.20 per sub and use the remaining .6 for port.

that would result in a very peaky box. you would be more satisfied with sealed imo.

Indeed M5. 2.91 net internal. Nice looking car you have by the way.

Good :) and thank you.