Sign in to follow this  
CW092

Suggestions?

Looking for an SQ sub that gets pretty loud and still clear. I have a Kicker zx1500.1, rated at 1687 RMS at 2 ohms, so that's around 840 RMS at 4. I don't care if it's a a 12 or 15 as long as it fits in my trunk. I like the IDMax but it's too expensive. I really don't want to spend more than 300. I also like the Fi Q 15" but I'm afraid 1687 is too much and 840 is not enough. Any suggestions?

Edited by CW092

Looking for an SQ sub that gets pretty loud and still clear. I have a Kicker zx1500.1, rated at 1687 RMS at 2 ohms, so that's around 840 RMS at 4. I don't care if it's a a 12 or 15 as long as it fits in my trunk. I like the IDMax but it's too expensive. I really don't want to spend more than 300. I also like the Fi Q 15" but I'm afraid 1687 is too much and 840 is not enough. Any suggestions?

840 is enough for the Q. They are rated at 1000rms I believe. You should tell us what kind of car you have. Thats always helpful to know what will fit in your trunk.

840 is enough for the Q. They are rated at 1000rms I believe. You should tell us what kind of car you have. Thats always helpful to know what will fit in your trunk.

97 Sebring LXi

I listen to classic rock but with subs it's all rap. So I know 4 cubes would be good ported. So I'm wondering if porting would lose a lot of quality or not. I want it to sound nice, but I don't want to give up loudness. If it would be around the SPL of my two L5s (which offer NO SQ) that would be nice.

My buddy had a sebring with a 15" bl in it. Fit pretty snuggly.

You migt want to consider how much space you have to work with for a box and work around that. Enclosure, install, and accoustics of the car will make more difference than your choice of gear. There's plenty of stuff around here that would sound great if used properly for <300$ (hint hint, search classifieds).