stylezzz8o8

Simple question

ok..it's a crappy question, and the answer is......

all else being equal that pair of DD 15s should, and i mean should, beat pair of 12s. but it's mostly, if not completely, install dependant...as has been preached over and over.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

dam all i need is a one word answer. dd or fi.

It is so far from a one word answer it is not funny. There are way too many unknowns to give an exact answer. Both are high output woofers, but so much is dependant on the enclosure. The pair of 15's should naturally by louder due to cone surface, but there are too many other factors to know for sure. At SSA we care about the details and not mindless inexperienced answers. So let's work on more info to help going in the right direction. In the end the answer will not be known until tested in your install.

It is so far from a one word answer it is not funny. There are way too many unknowns to give an exact answer. Both are high output woofers, but so much is dependant on the enclosure. The pair of 15's should naturally by louder due to cone surface, but there are too many other factors to know for sure. At SSA we care about the details and not mindless inexperienced answers. So let's work on more info to help going in the right direction. In the end the answer will not be known until tested in your install.

ok details.

amp- sundown 3500d

electrical- big 3, 3800 hc kinetik,

truck- colorado

box- dd 4.25 cuft tuned at 32

fi- 6 cuft tuned at 32

anything else needed?

ok details.

amp- sundown 3500d

electrical- big 3, 3800 hc kinetik,

truck- colorado

box- dd 4.25 cuft tuned at 32

fi- 6 cuft tuned at 32

anything else needed?

Fi. more cone area

don't forget a high output alternator in the equation.

yes i do plan on getting one. i just dont have it right now.

i just have what is posted.

so whats your thoughts?

don't forget a high output alternator in the equation.

As much as I love 15's the whole reason I love them is the extra cone area they give over a 12 or 10, but 2 12's obv. is more cone area so I'd go for that, esp. considering customer service of the 2 companies mentioned. Fi's customer service SMOKES DD's customer service. I've heard some very bad things about DD'd CS from people I trust.

Edited by SPLScion

First hand experience with Fi, I will give them +rep anywhere Fi is mentioned.

Also, I agree that theoretically more cone area with the same set-up will get you louder. Now, I don't know much about the 9515 but the BLs should be able to handle everything the 3500 throws at them in the recommended enclosures.

Also, I agree that theoretically more cone area with the same set-up will get you louder. Now, I don't know much about the 9515 but the BLs should be able to handle everything the 3500 throws at them in the recommended enclosures.

so basically fi is the way to go? but then again....ssa forums are loaded with fi users and supporters. i bet if i went to soundpressure forums they would all say the 9500 ha.

does anyone here have experience with the 9500?

Check my sig. out, no Fi in there :-) I do however have friends who ue both and are happy with them. Note I never put down DD's product, I simply said that all things being equal more cone area is louder. However I did bash on DD customer service, I'd be suprised if you find anyone who is honest that'll tell you DD has good CS. Both subs are loud as hell and thats a fact, break one and you'll be glad you got the Fi.

A fellow competetor in the league I compete in has one (DD) and does a 147+ in a trunk in stock class. The guy who runs the league has 2 10" Fi BL's and is over 150, in a blazer. They are both happy... until one of them breaks is all I am saying.

A fellow competetor in the league I compete in has one (DD) and does a 147+ in a trunk in stock class. The guy who runs the league has 2 10" Fi BL's and is over 150, in a blazer. They are both happy... until one of them breaks is all I am saying.

im leaning towards the bl's actually.

only problem is i can get a used 9515 for $400.

if i get bl's im gonna spend around twice that much for 2 12's.......

so basically fi is the way to go? but then again....ssa forums are loaded with fi users and supporters. i bet if i went to soundpressure forums they would all say the 9500 ha.

does anyone here have experience with the 9500?

Actually no, SP is all about DD, where SSA has a wide array of brands here, so there is no distorted bias (other then mine ;) ).

im leaning towards the bl's actually.

only problem is i can get a used 9515 for $400.

if i get bl's im gonna spend around twice that much for 2 12's.......

Think also about recone costs, if you are going to be pushing these drivers to their limits. Personally I would vote the BL's as a better daily driver choice anyway.

If it boils down to you saying you can get a DD for 400 then that means your budget leads everything else. Go with what you want. Are we really going to sway to that much? :)

However, denim is right. Think about recone costs too.

Edited by phi