brandonf

Need new setup

Current setup:

96 Volvo 850 GLT (8 factory surround speakers.. will be removing 6x9's to vent sound from trunk.. tired of leaving seats down)

Clarion DXZ775USB HU (5v pre-outs)

2 x 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12VQ - medium pole pieces inserted

Qlogic Type 2 Slot Vent, Double 12" Hatchback Enclosure, 1.50 cu.ft. X 2, Tuned to 37 Hz.

1 x Infinity Reference amp 1300a (pretty sure, i remember does 854w @ 2ohm)

1 x Optima Yellowtop (currently only battery in car)

1 x Stinger 1.2F cap (not currently using, probably selling)

Fat mat in trunk/license plate

Currently looking at:

Upgrade big 3

Move battery to trunk

1 x Sundown 1200.1 v2 or SAZ-1500D (not sure which, but definitely Sundown)

And now the question.. which sub to look for? I'm thinking one 15 or two 12s. 90% of the time, I play rap/r&b.. but every now and then switch to rock/classic hits.. the loudest subs i've heard are probably my buddies two 12" sony xplod's, best sq would be my infinity's. I do play my system loud most of the time, but am not one of those annoying types.. i turn it down at lights/when in the neighborhood.. looking for something a bit punchier, but at the same time clean..

I've been looking at the 15" Xcon, or maybe dual 12" icons... the 15" nightshade.. 15" re xxx or 12" re mx.. not sure.. I'm not worried about trunk space, will be selling old hobbies (mostly laser pointers/fish tank) for loot, can put ~$1200 total on everything, but not looking to blow all of it if not needed..

Also.. I'd love to be able to hear some of these high end subs/setups.. anyone near the Va Beach, VA area?

your going to want to deff. budget some of that $$$ for deadening if your firing thru just the rear deck. idk about the re's but others have had great success with ssa driver w/ your music preferences. with only 1 of either of those amps your could save alittle cash and get a single 12 or 15. there are alot of subs to choose from so listen around and read some reviews. also look into what you need to do electrical wise to run the amp you pick. big three will deff be need atleast...

your going to want to deff. budget some of that $$$ for deadening if your firing thru just the rear deck. idk about the re's but others have had great success with ssa driver w/ your music preferences. with only 1 of either of those amps your could save alittle cash and get a single 12 or 15. there are alot of subs to choose from so listen around and read some reviews. also look into what you need to do electrical wise to run the amp you pick. big three will deff be need atleast...

Ah, forgot to include.. will be using Sound Deadener Showdown's CLD tiles + MLV barriers. Can't wait to hear the difference between that and my current fatmat.. : )