Sign in to follow this  

Yes hello i have a question about wiring i have 2 us amps md1d and 2 kicker l7 15s i have 4ga wiring sometimes my fuse blows every now and then when i turn it up my homeboy has almost the same set up but has 0ga wiring and has not blown a fuse so my question is should i go to 0ga wiring and how should i run it. Thanks

How much RMS you are running ?

1 aught.

1/0 awg all day long! then reduce @ the amps if you need to.

IT will probaly be a 250 amp fuse and my next question is do i run the oga from my disturbution blocks into the amp or what and do they make something that u can fit oga into a 4ga amp. and i dont know what u mean when u say reducing i assume u mean that run the 0ga from the front of the car to the battery in the back of the car thanks for all of everyones help

IT will probaly be a 250 amp fuse and my next question is do i run the oga from my disturbution blocks into the amp or what and do they make something that u can fit oga into a 4ga amp. and i dont know what u mean when u say reducing i assume u mean that run the 0ga from the front of the car to the battery in the back of the car thanks for all of everyones help

yeah run 0 from front to the back batt then run either a piece of 0 to your block to reduce it to 4 ga on the out to the amps or just run a piece of 4 ga to the amps off the battery, but definitely 0 ga from the front. safety wise it is good to have fusing before and after your back battery. don't know if you have it that way already.

yeah run 0 from front to the back batt then run either a piece of 0 to your block to reduce it to 4 ga on the out to the amps or just run a piece of 4 ga to the amps off the battery, but definitely 0 ga from the front. safety wise it is good to have fusing before and after your back battery. don't know if you have it that way already.

Thanks i have one at the front of the battery i guess i will put one in the back on the second battery thanks for everything and any tips you have is greatly apperciated my next thing is my 6.5 i want to upgrade the polks to something else that will be nice and loud and clear so any suggestions please send them my way. Once again thanks for all the help and i luv ssa so keep up the good work everyone