Sign in to follow this  
jrogoskiphotos

IA DP 15" vs Sundown SAZ-3500D???

Alright, so I'm gonna build a wall in my integra with 2x IA DP 15's and 2x Sundown SAZ-3500D's @ 1ohm.... My question is this.... How will the Death Penalties hold up vs. 3,500+ watts rms to each of em? The box for both subs, is gonna be 8.255 NET vol.(after speaker displacement,port displacement , and bracing displacement ..... the port is gonna be 125.375" of port and tuned to 32.60hz.... I'm just curious how these subs will hold up? I'm gonna compete, but I'm also gonna daily drive, ground pound.... let me know what you think, and if you have had experience with this combo of sub vs. power??? Preciate it!!! Cheers

Alright, so I'm gonna build a wall in my integra with 2x IA DP 15's and 2x Sundown SAZ-3500D's @ 1ohm.... My question is this.... How will the Death Penalties hold up vs. 3,500+ watts rms to each of em? The box for both subs, is gonna be 8.255 NET vol.(after speaker displacement,port displacement , and bracing displacement ..... the port is gonna be 125.375" of port and tuned to 32.60hz.... I'm just curious how these subs will hold up? I'm gonna compete, but I'm also gonna daily drive, ground pound.... let me know what you think, and if you have had experience with this combo of sub vs. power??? Preciate it!!! Cheers

I think you are asking for trouble since you have stipulated that you want to compete and daily drive/ground pound with the setup. The DP is a helluva woofer, but 3500 watts RMS is pushing your luck. 1 amp on both subs would be more than sufficient. The DP's do not require that much power to rip your head off. If you keep with this plan, I would shrink the Net Vol to around 6 cubes so you can at least attempt to exercise some control over cone movement, otherwise you'll be getting recones in very short order.

I think you are asking for trouble since you have stipulated that you want to compete and daily drive/ground pound with the setup. The DP is a helluva woofer, but 3500 watts RMS is pushing your luck. 1 amp on both subs would be more than sufficient. The DP's do not require that much power to rip your head off. If you keep with this plan, I would shrink the Net Vol to around 6 cubes so you can at least attempt to exercise some control over cone movement, otherwise you'll be getting recones in very short order.

Ok, sweet... that's what I was wondering.... How you think it would hold up with 2x SAZ-2000D's? 2,000 rms shouldn't be too bad, right? Now, it's not like I'm gonna ride everywhere, just slammin' 15's to the back of my head at full volume,lol.... I personally like your 6 cube idea better :fing34: ... It gives me more space to play with in my lil Teggy too.... I appreciate the info sir!!! Cheers :drink40:

Ok, sweet... that's what I was wondering.... How you think it would hold up with 2x SAZ-2000D's? 2,000 rms shouldn't be too bad, right? Now, it's not like I'm gonna ride everywhere, just slammin' 15's to the back of my head at full volume,lol.... I personally like your 6 cube idea better :fing34: ... It gives me more space to play with in my lil Teggy too.... I appreciate the info sir!!! Cheers :drink40:

i think you should just get one 4 k amp for the pair ... 3 1/2 cubes per sub tunned to 35 hz

i think you should just get one 4 k amp for the pair ... 3 1/2 cubes per sub tunned to 35 hz

I think the 2 3500s will be ok as long as you keep the signal clean. Runing that amp @ 1ohm with voltage drop and impedance rise you are probably closer to 2500-2800 watts each. If kept clean and just be smart about how much abuse you give them, i think things will be good. I had a 5kw on a pair of DP 18s and am now putting 2 - 2kws on each woofer. 8- DB drive Pd2000s @ .5ohm. I will be able to give you a better answer in about 2 days.. I would say if you have the cash to do it. get both amps and just be careful.

So, I decided to go a TOTALLY different route lol.... I decided to do 7x Incriminator Audio 187 12's..... I decide not to compete, due to the fact that things aren't a cheap as they used to be, back when I had my old skool Cerwin-Vega Stroker 18", lol..... So I'm gonna make the wall sealed, so it'll be tight and loud.... Basically it's gonna be for self pleasure.... plus I think squeezing 7 12's in an integra would be fun.... I'm gonna make the box 12-13 cubes, but I'll know for sure when I throw some numbers around.... Im gonna get all dual 4ohm coils and run em in series-parallel for a 1.143ohm load on a SAZ-3000D amp.... It'll give em roughly 400rms ea. I'm curious to hear how clean 7 12's will sound in a sealed enclosure!! probably sound pretty nice.... I wanted to do 8 to bring it to a solid 1 ohm, but I couldn't quite squeeze it in there.... 7 will do though... I heard the 187's are pretty damn solid for what they are, and the price is cheap as hell.... hell, if I fry one, it's only $110 for another one,lol.... So yeah, that's what I decided to go with.... I'm gonna stick to that.... Thanks for the info guys!!

That should be interesting, look forward to a build log if you do. :)

This is going to be a great build! .... Pics we will need a lot of pics! :drink40:

Ill have my popcorn, beer and nachos ready for this build :drink40: .

Ill have my popcorn, beer and nachos ready for this build :drink40: .

haha.... damn, wish I lived in texas, or you lived in ATL.... I'd say bring the beer over and I'll drink with ya while we build this thing!!! lol

.... I'll let ya'll know when I get started with this build.... I'll start a build log when I get it rolling, and keep everyone posted.... I think it'll be a fun project for sure. Cheers :fing34::drink40: