dragonboy412002@yahoo.com

need help with re sx and md1d

ok so i have a ten inch re audio sx sub d2 and an usamps md1d at one ohm the amp will do 1200 watts just exactly how do i get it to do one ohm do i just wire the sub up differently cause in the manual for the sub it shows how to wire it up parrallel is that it or what?

ok so i have a ten inch re audio sx sub d2 and an usamps md1d at one ohm the amp will do 1200 watts just exactly how do i get it to do one ohm do i just wire the sub up differently cause in the manual for the sub it shows how to wire it up parrallel is that it or what?

Yes running the coils in parallel will give you a 1 ohm load.

Heres a pic

wire.gif

Edited by sqjeep

thats what i thought i tried doing that last night but i blew two fuses doing it idk why it does that but when i put the sub back in and connect it it blows them but i know why the second one blew so its all good for it but ill try again i guess later. thanks tho. just curious whats series wiring.

thats what i thought i tried doing that last night but i blew two fuses doing it idk why it does that but when i put the sub back in and connect it it blows them but i know why the second one blew so its all good for it but ill try again i guess later. thanks tho. just curious whats series wiring.

Series wiring would double the impedance so a d2 becomes a 4 ohm load.

Heres a pic for that one.

D24.gif

ok according to the book for parallel wiring it says impedance per coil 1 ohm 2 ohm 4 ohm then under it it says resulting impedance .5 ohm one ohm and 2 ohm if i still wire it like that will it do one ohm or .5 ohm?

Basically what it says is depending on the impedance of the coils d1, d2, d4 wired in parallel will equal the final impeance of d1 = .5 ohm, d2 = 1ohm, d4 = 2ohm. So are you a 100% sure that your sub is d2??

Edited by sqjeep

yes one hundred percent they dont make that sub in d1 and just checked its a d2 so ill be getting a load of 1 ohm correct? when i wire it parallel

yes

and one last question if i just hook the wires to one of the positive and negative what load am i getting just a 4 ohm?

You wouldnt get any load cause you havent completed the circuit you need a wire in the positive and negitive on both coils. The way you get the 4 ohm load is you take a small pices of wire about 2ft would be fine and connect it to the positive from one coil to the negitive of the other coil. (each coil connectors are on opposite sides, each side has one positive and one negitive) Then you take the unuse positive and run it to the positive on the amp and you do the same for the negitive and that would give you 4ohms.

Edited by sqjeep

well how come my sub still works hooked up like that just one positive and one negative both on the same side

You are jus using one of the coils with in return is hurting the sub. Running it like that is like having a single voice coil sub which would show the amp a 2 ohm load.

Edited by sqjeep

well how come my sub still works hooked up like that just one positive and one negative both on the same side

You are jus using one of the coils with in return is hurting the sub. Running it like that is like having a single voice coil sub which would show the amp a 2 ohm load.

Actually it does not hurt the sub to run only one coil. But it only has half of the power handling that the sub was rated for because it's rated for use of both coils.