blkmrideon22s

sundown sax 50.4

well yesterday i went to install my sax 50.4 and the amp turn on but when i hook up my speaker there was no sound. Well then today i went to turn my radio on to power up the amp and it was in protection mode but when i unhook my rca the protection mode goes away but the blue led doesnt light on when i unhook the rca

well today ground my wire to my battery so that took care of the rca. Now i still have no soundn when i hook up my subs to the 3 and 4 channel i cant get any bass. so then i hook some speakers up to the 1 and 2 channel and still no sound

Nevermind i had one of the crossover set too high. I got everything working! I LOVE sundown amps!

:) :)

Glad you got it working, fell in love with 1 of my Sundown amps and cant wait to get the other one installed.

Glad you got it working, fell in love with 1 of my Sundown amps and cant wait to get the other one installed.

I hope to receive my 50.4 next week, at least !!!

I should receive 2 saz 1000 D tomorrow (according to UPS) for a friend of mine. They will be powering a 15' SSA Xcon.fing34.gif

I love dem amps !!!!!!!

There are alot of knobs on it :)

i agree. so many that i dont know what purpose they all serve. are there any tuning guides for it? that would give me more knowledge?!!

I feel a little out of place posting here but with Brooklyny's post I don't feel so far off topic anymore. I just received my amp and realized that holey hell there are a lot of nobs on it. I don't know what most of them do. But going through my booklet (made great bathroom reading material :fing34: ) I notided I had a LOT of questions, not only "what does this nob do" but "why would I need this"?

Anyway some of my questions are:

What is the Variable High and Low pass filters and how should I set them? (If I remember correctly the low is the lower frequency's and the high are the higher ones. So I would want to cut out anything that I want my sub to play?)

Should I leave the bass boost off? (I am pretty sure I read that they should never be set on the amp or the deck). I assume the knob is for this.

Theres a 12dB Octave Electronic Crossover Slope....huh?

Theres also a 12dB Octave Variable Subsonic Crossover Slope...I say again, huh?

With al lthe fun looking, I want to play with, knobs. Are they set to anything before shipped?

There are alot of knobs on it :)

i agree. so many that i dont know what purpose they all serve. are there any tuning guides for it? that would give me more knowledge?!!

I feel a little out of place posting here but with Brooklyny's post I don't feel so far off topic anymore. I just received my amp and realized that holey hell there are a lot of nobs on it. I don't know what most of them do. But going through my booklet (made great bathroom reading material :fing34: ) I notided I had a LOT of questions, not only "what does this nob do" but "why would I need this"?

Anyway some of my questions are:

What is the Variable High and Low pass filters and how should I set them? (If I remember correctly the low is the lower frequency's and the high are the higher ones. So I would want to cut out anything that I want my sub to play?)

Should I leave the bass boost off? (I am pretty sure I read that they should never be set on the amp or the deck). I assume the knob is for this.

Theres a 12dB Octave Electronic Crossover Slope....huh?

Theres also a 12dB Octave Variable Subsonic Crossover Slope...I say again, huh?

With al lthe fun looking, I want to play with, knobs. Are they set to anything before shipped?

i guess questions like this cant be answered at this forum. although i know a lot of the members here possess the information to share with those who dont.

How bout you guys tell us what speakers are on what channels, and the specs of the speakers so someone can help you tune your amp to your needs or speakers needs.

How bout you guys tell us what speakers are on what channels, and the specs of the speakers so someone can help you tune your amp to your needs or speakers needs.

good ok... on channels 1&2 are the lanzars 200rms each . 3&4 are the memphis 60rms each

nvm

Edited by lithium

im using pioneer ts-d1720c with my sax.50.4. i have my tweeters on the 1 and 2 channel and i have my mids on on the 3 and 4 channel. i planning to get a sax 125.2 for midbass speakers. i hope i can find some good midbass speakers

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12224_Pioneer+TS-D1720C.html

In my opinion since you have components already and want to add more speakes, just put the components together on the same channel like they should be and get some mid-bass for channel 3 and 4. Maybe someone might have other suggestions, just wait and see.