Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

rmzsuzuki89 Monsterous 4 21" Warden Build

Going in a 2003 Ford Explorer, this build will be crazy.

As of right now, rmzsuzuki89 may not be on much so hopefully he sees this so i can continue with his build.

I need some more dimensions.. i'm running out of room, :)

The current box i have designed is 48" wide x 45" high x 33" deep.

Then the box rises 5" from their and goes back another 20" maintaining 48" wide x 40" high.

So first question, can this design fit?

2nd, can i go deeper and if so how much before it hurts...... Your remaining space :)

ok, i'm gonna design 3 designs.

The requirements will range between 53-63" deep.

53" is the MINIMUM for this build.

I will be posting design ideas for the SSA users to see, maybe we can narrow down which design looks to perform the best.

ok, i'm gonna design 3 designs.

The requirements will range between 53-63" deep.

53" is the MINIMUM for this build.

I will be posting design ideas for the SSA users to see, maybe we can narrow down which design looks to perform the best.

I'll run out there and get some exact measurments in a couple minutes.

And for the origional post, the Wardens will come in the future :gift: but it's just the DP21"s for now in the Expedition.

But I'll get those measurements now..........I wish my damn computer didn't crash so I could have posted my designs to see what everyone would think of them. :angry22:

This is ganna be nice!! I love cone area. 1,384^2 give or take a few.

It can be 33" deep on the first part, then the 5" rise, then 27" deep, then another rise that is about 3 1/4", then 13" deep from that. The floor is like stairs lol.

awesome, i have my blueprints, lol

I am assuming i can maintain 48" wide the entire time?

Ok, I have some AWESOME designs for you... i'll be posting the first one soon.

The easy ones i'll be doing first, lol

these designs i'm posting will not have any bracing pics to them because i wont make that until u pick one that you want, then i'll finish it.

awesome, i have my blueprints, lol

I am assuming i can maintain 48" wide the entire time?

Ok, I have some AWESOME designs for you... i'll be posting the first one soon.

The easy ones i'll be doing first, lol

these designs i'm posting will not have any bracing pics to them because i wont make that until u pick one that you want, then i'll finish it.

Yep, 48" wide all the way back.

And thanks a ton for doing this.

...Normally I desing all of my boxes. But since my computer crashed and is gone, along with everything I had on it, I can't do much. If my parents would let me use their computer for more than just school that would be great too lol...Sorry for the rant, just annoyed about my computer lol.

u need to built several pcs for yourself. that's what i did.

I got tired of using just one pc because what i do requires more than 1 pc anyway to multitask.

So, i have 2 desktops that i use mainly for everything i do while at the workstation.

Then i have another computer that i use for hobby projects like for my video microscope, or for tlabing myself.

Then a laptop or another desktop.. havent decided yet to control one of the 2 main desktops in another part of the house so it can mainstream movies to any display i want it to.

The point is it's always best to have more than 1 pc so when one breaks down, the other is still alive.

I actually have enough backup parts in my closest to build 1-2 more pcs, all i would need is just some cases and power supplies and that's it.

u need to built several pcs for yourself. that's what i did.

I got tired of using just one pc because what i do requires more than 1 pc anyway to multitask.

So, i have 2 desktops that i use mainly for everything i do while at the workstation.

Then i have another computer that i use for hobby projects like for my video microscope, or for tlabing myself.

Then a laptop or another desktop.. havent decided yet to control one of the 2 main desktops in another part of the house so it can mainstream movies to any display i want it to.

The point is it's always best to have more than 1 pc so when one breaks down, the other is still alive.

I actually have enough backup parts in my closest to build 1-2 more pcs, all i would need is just some cases and power supplies and that's it.

That is what I plan on doing when I'm out of college and have a job...O well, full coverage warranty FTW!

OK, first design coming up-

37 cuft NET tuned to 30hz.

gimme few more minutes while i finish the design up

ok here it is- 609 sqin of port! -

rmz211a.jpg

I'm about to start the next design...

Next Design almost done...

Can we say 900 SQ In of port?

Design will be done shortly, :)

hmm... i might have to redo this design.. so gimme bout another hour...

Specs i got were 28.9 cubes tuned to 29hz...

I know i can do better than that... The volume needs to be bigger.

hmm, this design i'm tryin to get to work isn't practical so i'll move to the last design

i'm gonna have to stop for today... I'm running into problems, hehe.

This is a little more challenging than i thought.

It's a matter of getting the right numbers in the perfect order... if one dimension changes.. it effects a lot more than a normal box would be effected so i'm gonna have to go back over the other designs i am doing and see if i can make these other ones happen because you'll probably fall out of your chair if i can get em workin.

i'm gonna have to stop for today... I'm running into problems, hehe.

This is a little more challenging than i thought.

It's a matter of getting the right numbers in the perfect order... if one dimension changes.. it effects a lot more than a normal box would be effected so i'm gonna have to go back over the other designs i am doing and see if i can make these other ones happen because you'll probably fall out of your chair if i can get em workin.

I like the thought of that lol.

i still cant create anything else except for that so i'll go with it.

ok, here comes the specs!!! yay! lol.

Internal Volume will vary based upon amount of bracing used!

What i did was base design off of approx 35-36cuft cuft NET tuned to 30-31hz.

I will give you the specs now, gimme a couple days to finish the design-

These are external dimensions, please double layer ALL sides everywhere! including port baffle.

48" wide

45" high

33" deep

Internal space for this section -

45" wide

42" high

30" deep

Next, external dimensions behind this part of the chamber-

48" wide

40" high

19.5" deep

Internal space for this section -

45" wide

37" high

19.5" deep

Total external depth - 52.5"

Total internal depth - 49.5"

Port specs -

Port Area - 42" high x 14.5" wide = 609 sqin

Port mounted behind double baffle of front of box, port wall depth - 30" This is the same wall the subs will be mounted on.

This port area is built directly down the middle of the front of the wall.

Looking at the front of the wall - 16.75" of bare wood on the left, 16.75" of bare wood on the right of the port opening.

This equals - 33.5" of solid frame on front. 14.5" is port opening = 48" total width as calculated.

Expect design soon. This should be all the dimension info you need.

Once design is posted, i will explain some more detailed areas so u wont get confused when u see them.

The extra 8" of width couldn't be used for anything?...Ok, I'll start getting stuff together for it soon, probably this week, or late next week.

the extra width wasnt necessary for this design

the extra width wasnt necessary for this design

O ok I see. I just didn't know if a sideways clam was possible or not.....This design intrigues me though, I've never seen anything quite like it. :D

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

look at steve meade's escalade he did for somebody with 8 18s. It's the same design.

You can keep shouting out ideas but i'm pretty sure i've tried everything out there that i could possibly think of.

The other design which almost worked was a diamond in the middle with all 4 21 facing each other inside with a port on top, bottom, left and right...

Problem with that design is it gave off only 490sqin of port area and was far more complex to build and just wasn't worth it.

ok, the following pics are pics of extreme bracing. You can opt to use all bracing shown but the following pics are mainly geared to show you or help you develop your own bracing ideas... or you can do this, it's fine.

If you opt to do your own bracing style, do your best to prevent air flow restriction and prevent yourself from obstructing the port exit.

The following pic shows how the port walls wil be braced. The red is allthread and the brown is 2x4s.

4-21sb.jpg

Notice how there is a 2x4 at the bottom floor to prevent it from flexing.

When installing the top on, you may want to run 2x4 across the top of it on each side from front to back. If they wont fit on the outside, run them on the inside. Expanding foam wont be a brace so don't expect it to help if you use foam.

This next pic is a pic of the whole build braced-

4-21sc.jpg

In the back of the wall, there is a steel bar back there. You will probably want to use more than that in the design. The purpose is simple-

all-thread is great at keeping things square but does not offer great dispersing strength around where it comes out at. So, you need to "connect the dots" so you can brace more surface area from point to point.

the runs running from side to side of the wall, connect all those together with steel, for example, and so on.

Again, you dont have to do all of this but low notes will flex the hell out of a box and i like to overkill bracing like i overkill everything else...

That looks good to me. :D ...I can't wait to get started on it. Most likely at the begining of next depending on that kind of class work I have.

And as for the bracing, I'm definately going to do something similiar to that. 2X4's on the top and bottom, connected all thread, and such...With the pieces of metal connetcing the all threads, would I glue them to the box then tighten the thread bar down on them, with a screw or two in the middle, or...?