Sign in to follow this  
burton907

Attn: box design enthusiasts

i have a 12" FI Q w/ BP option in a 2001 jeep grand cherokee. powered by a SAE 1000D @ 1ohm. right now it's in a 1.5cuft (external before displacements) enclosure that i had the (horribly stupid) local audio shop make for me. i was short on time.

i'll let you know dimensions of the room i have to work with. but there is basically as much room as you could ever need for a single 12.

or i want it ported tuned to anywhere close to 32hz. so yea, have fun, keep in mind this is my first box. and i don't want it to be over (i believe) 16 inches. i just want it to stay below my rear window level.

thank you so much i know it's not really hard. it's just a temp box to get some practice in before i get a couple 12 or 15 BTL's

you are gonna want the box facing back pretty close to the back door. My buddy has one that he did over a 156 with a single 15 one time in MECA... who is also now a MECA judge, :)

sounds perfect =]

any way i could get the specs on the box? i'm going for daily though, if i could get those numbers that would be amazing. we finally got a local shop in town to get a TL so we can have some comps. the first comp here, the winner won with a 147 with 1 hcca 18". i know i could beat that no problem. everyone in town has a massive hardon for orion, so i just want to blow them all up with some Fi love.

I wouldn't say you could beat that no problem. Having a 12" Q isn't an ideal SPL setup. 147 may be harder to achieve than you think. But if you're talking about when you get the BTLs, then sure.

yea i didn't mean with the Q.

he said his friend hit that with a 15".. i want to get 2 15" BTL's.. i'm kind of leaning towards 12's. i can't decide if it will be worth the upgrade.

nobody in town has 2 15's. not that i know of at least, and everyone know's everyone here. theres people with 2 12's. and my cousin has 3 10's.

any input on which i should go with.. i just want a ground pounder and also maybe make a seperate box for comps? obviously 15's would be louder, but is it worth losing pretty much all the trunk space