WOT

IXL 18.2.2 - Good for daily ground pounder? VS HDC3 18's?

Hey guys, Im looking to start a new build.

Im looking for HARD hitting bass, but also the ability to play rock music well.

I was originally set of AQ HDC3 18's, but came acros the IXL's. How would they compare.

I live in Canada so buying froma canadian company would be nice.

I plan to build a wall for whatever subs I go with behind the second row, with 3 8" aeros.

What kinda tune would the IXL's like? Has anyone ever tried them, Id love to see some builds or videos!!!

I have about 14 cubes to play with. Power will come from a Visonik V4000XD modded to play @ 1ohm

3500+ @ 2ohm, little more @ 1 ohm Id imagine

Apprecaite any insight, as this seems to be the top Mach5 forum

Thanks

Consider the SPL-15's?

I would also look at the SPL15

I have not heard the AudioQue becasue im in Australia but i do have an IXL18 in my daily driver in 5.5cubes and i wouldnt want a smaller box. 4 is simply not enough for an IXl ported, on the other hand a SPL15 in 4 cubes tunned at 40Hz would really move some air and would be plently loud enough :)

IXL. Maple Leafs Beat The Shit Out Of Rice Anyday.

Lmao.

IMGP0655.jpg

IMGP0678.jpg

IMGP9409.jpg

For the money you cannot go wrong, and also for the record Mach5 is the bomb :)

I am really happy with my IXL, even though the box is too small it hits hard and low and laughs at 1000watts, next setup will be two 12's or maybe 10's me thinks

IXL. Maple Leafs Beat The Shit Out Of Rice Anyday.

Lmao.

X2 LMFAO!

For the money you cannot go wrong, and also for the record Mach5 is the bomb :)

I am really happy with my IXL, even though the box is too small it hits hard and low and laughs at 1000watts, next setup will be two 12's or maybe 10's me thinks

Thanks for posting the info Samuel.

Thanks for posting the info Samuel.

Thanks for building kickass subs then selling them at crazy low prices clap.gif

I think you need to hook me up with a big Mach5 sticker for the back window :drink40:

What kind of vehicle is this going in? Ive heard good things about the SPL line too.

Bang for the buck mach5 is >>> AQ.

Can't comment on the rock music... but they pound out lows. Here's four IXL's excelling in my Hyundai excel! :P

That's one loud Aussie.

:peepwall:

Bahahaha............. I take it your TL score may suffer a little at the moment?

Yeah sealed up it dropped from 150 to 148, but window open it still did 151+ on music

P.S. we completely smashed it last night, chips and pieces flying out onto the crowd was dangerous but they loved it

Edited by RAD

Hi Guys,

fing05.gif new to the forum, I have an IXL 18 for my HT room :popcorn: , I am in Mexico and the driver made it here perfectly, Its in an EBS type enclosure 14 cubes tuned to 17hz and its insane!!!! Just for shizz and Giggles i put the thing in my bravada the other day...... insane... So i just sent mark an email about getting another one down here for my truck.

In my humble opinion, for the money, theres nothing that even comes close!! Beats the living daylights out of that audiobahn nonesense. I cant imagine what a wall of the buggers would be like though!

I would heartily recomend them and the customer service is also top notch to boot!

Regards