porkchop

Chops subwoofer.

well, that explains that, lol.

PG shirts rock and don't mess with a boy named Sue! :drink40:

and as far as my earlier post, uh, skip all that...........

did some tradeing and now i have a SAZ-1500D, alot more realistic to my budget, for electrical right now..... :shrug:

so i will most likely pursue the t-line, 1500 watts at 1 ohm, tunning will be either what the sub wants, matching the fs at 24hz. or i might shorten it up a bit and tune it to 30hz. still plenty low and will compliment the over all response, perhaps just a little louder? we will see. i guess if i build the first and am not happy with it, i will do what we do best, build another, lol. :fing34:

now in the next few days, start to look around for where this SAZ-3000D might of gotten off to. :coolugh:

did some tradeing and now i have a SAZ-1500D, alot more realistic to my budget, for electrical right now..... :shrug:

so i will most likely pursue the t-line, 1500 watts at 1 ohm, tunning will be either what the sub wants, matching the fs at 24hz. or i might shorten it up a bit and tune it to 30hz. still plenty low and will compliment the over all response, perhaps just a little louder? we will see. i guess if i build the first and am not happy with it, i will do what we do best, build another, lol. :fing34:

now in the next few days, start to look around for where this SAZ-3000D might of gotten off to. :coolugh:

big mike possibly?

I love TLs and have one in my car atm. A couple of things I will say is that you better have a large trunk, lol. Mine is for a 12" sub so it is not so large but for a 15" sub it is going to be a huge enclosure. You probably know this already since you have done some calculations already.

Also, it sounds like you are going to make a straight TL. Mine is a tapered TL which means that it starts out at about 150% Sd and goes to about 50% Sd. The benefit is that you can get lower with a shorter length. I also have my TL fully stuffed. That will also help you increase the effective length of the TL. I would suggest messing around with stuffing the enclosure.

If you have never made a TL and want to see how it will perform then go for the TL design. I love the way it sounds over any ported or sealed enclosure and also how low it can get. It is not going to be a great output design but with a 15" and 1500w RMS output shouldn't be a huge concern. If you are looking for a little more output then I would suggest a low tuned ported enclosure.

I love the way it sounds over any ported or sealed enclosure and also how low it can get.

Curious what about it you love...and of course what it is tuned to

big mike possibly?

Mhm. fing05.giffing05.giffing05.gif

big mike possibly?

Mhm. fing05.giffing05.giffing05.gif

niceee now u need to get the xcon fixed and then you gona be bangin lol

My t-line was much more defined and noticeably more transient than even a sealed enclosure...subwoofer was the old school JL Audio 12W6 with the dual 6 ohm coils.

I say good luck with the build

well, I don't know fellars, it is something that I will do at some point and time.......perhaps just not this point and time.

I have heard alot of guys that love them, they own them.

I have heard people very fond of sealed enclosures, they own them.

and it goes on with ported, bandpass, 4th, 6th order..........seems that folks tend to lean toward what they have.

I definetly see this amongst brand names.

As it stands for now I am going to stick with what I have used and know, plain ol' ported box.

let next year get here, and work pick up, then perhaps I will experiment.

iputon326...........motions for him to come here and whispers< mikey has a secret!

I love the way it sounds over any ported or sealed enclosure and also how low it can get.

Curious what about it you love...and of course what it is tuned to

I was impressed in pretty much the same way as aznboi as he says below. The transient response is better (compared to ported or sealed applications in my case) and the sound is more defined. It was such a "clean" sound as compared to the previous ported enclosure I used.

I don't really know what the frequency is but I know the line length is 86" and it goes from 150% Sd to 50% Sd. It is also fully stuffed which makes the effective length a little bit longer.

My t-line was much more defined and noticeably more transient than even a sealed enclosure...subwoofer was the old school JL Audio 12W6 with the dual 6 ohm coils.

I say good luck with the build