Cork10390

15" vs 18" In small cars

I drive a 2003 Hyunda Tiburon GT. I've heard from one person that 18" subs don't do so well in smaller cars. I was looking for some more input on this subject. I have a 15" RD Sonance currently that does just fine, but I've been looking into some Fi Subs and I'm considering the possibility of maybe a 15" or 18" Q or bl. Anyone have any suggestions on a sub and a size? LOL. Thanks everyone!

Corey

Really simple question to answer actually if you give us the max box dimensions you have.

99.99999% of the time the people that are looking at the Q & the BL should buy the BL.

:WELCOME:

Alright, I have 30" deep, 36" Wide, and 14" Tall to work with. Thanks everyone for help and the welcomes : ]

I drive a 2003 Hyunda Tiburon GT. I've heard from one person that 18" subs don't do so well in smaller cars. I was looking for some more input on this subject. I have a 15" RD Sonance currently that does just fine, but I've been looking into some Fi Subs and I'm considering the possibility of maybe a 15" or 18" Q or bl. Anyone have any suggestions on a sub and a size? LOL. Thanks everyone!

Corey

the only reason i can think of as to why a big sub could be a problem is if you dont have the space for the correct box, or the box blocks off too much of the trunk and chokes the path to the cabin, or the trunk rattles too much and output is in that effect.... if you didn't catch on there, it all install dependent.. maybe you could get louder with a 10 depending on how bad or how well it is installed...

Alright, I have 30" deep, 36" Wide, and 14" Tall to work with. Thanks everyone for help and the welcomes : ]

Not enough room for an 18, so your problem is solved :)

My trunk is bigger than yours and an 18" will not go in there, so 15" it is.

Alrighty! LOL. Simple enough. Thanks everyone!