Sign in to follow this  
ulrisa

2 SAZ-1500D vs 1 SAZ-3000D

Hi-

I was wondering if it would be more efficient on my electrical to run two 1500d's or one 3000d. I want to get as much efficiency with the current draw as possible. Any ideas? Thanks.

i believe a single amp is more efficient in terms of less current draw but seriously.. if your electrical system has been narrowed down to a few amps difference... then you need to lower your expectations power-wise.

I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should get. I'm not really sure how the electrical is going to take it, I will upgrade if I have to.

trust me, the difference is measurable but minimal. It be like some askin can my electrical system handle this 1500w amp or this 1600w amp...

Alright, thanks man! I'll be getting the single amp in the future then, it will be cheaper anyway. Do you think I'd be able to run the 3000d with a 120 amp alt with extra batteries, or should I just get a more powerful alt and what size would you suggest? I just think it's going to be hard to find an alt for a reasonable price for a volvo s40....

depends on whether you are daily or competition.

A 120A with extra batteries would be more than sufficient for a single 3kd. Of course, that is depenant on whether you sit up with the car and play music or not.

You'd be surprised at the amount of playing time you;d have with just extra batteries. A friend uses a kinetik 2400 in parallel with an optima up front and regularly plays at shows with 4kw on 2x RE SX12s for hours at a time with no major issue. He actually gets asked to turn it down at shows hahaha.

Hmm.. I have an optima d34/78 in the front and a batcap 400 in the back atm. I guess I could give it a try with a kinetik or equivilent. This is my daily driver, but I don't really sit and listen to music much. I live in the country without much stop and go traffic. Thanks.

there is no need to change to a specific battery based on what I have said.

uh - just read what a batcap 400 is... yeah, you may want to change that if you want to daily your system for long periods of time. Capacity is key for daily systems. Peak release is key for competition systems.

So the system is designed for competition? You say car is daily while you don't actually listen to music much?

Go with powermaster anyway.. great capacity with low internal resistance :)

My vote is 1-Sundown SAZ-3000D, less wires, hassle and tweaking to get both amps on the same page with one another.

Sorry to post something confusing, I meant I don't idle and listen to music much (parking lots, etc). I listen to music constantly lol. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll definitely be getting the 3000d then.

if you listen to music constantly with the engine running - ie you listen while driving, then I'd say go with the optima and that would be it.

The alt is plenty of charging power for 1 batt. The optima has enough juice for a 3kD. I wouldn't expect you to be playing 135db+ with music anyway as you'd make yourself deaf very fast!

Putting the batcap in would suffice for those heavy lows, so yeah, you'd be sweet as a bell with the 3kD without having to upgrade heavily on the electrical side.

That's awesome. I already have those in the car, so it looks like I shouldn't have to worry about it as much as I thought I would. Thanks, you've been very helpful.

Sign in to follow this