ulrisa

New subs, enough power?

Hi-

I'm getting new subs for my daily driver next summer, most like 2 dp's (not sure which size yet). I am considering either 2 sundown 1500d's or 1 sundown 3000d. I have a 120 amp alt, a D34/78 optima in the front, a bat cap 400 in the back, and the big three done in 0 awg. I want to keep the same alt, how many/what type of batteries would I need?

Thanks

Hi-

I'm getting new subs for my daily driver next summer, most like 2 dp's (not sure which size yet). I am considering either 2 sundown 1500d's or 1 sundown 3000d. I have a 120 amp alt, a D34/78 optima in the front, a bat cap 400 in the back, and the big three done in 0 awg. I want to keep the same alt, how many/what type of batteries would I need?

Thanks

Hm you might wanna go a tad higher on your alt maybee 250 to 300 amp one ... also if your going for 3000 watts rms , grab a bigger spare battery ... kintik or something of that sort :fing34:

Hi-

Thanks

Please stop making a topic where you have the same info in a post in another topic. Throw away the Batcap battery or sell it, get the biggest batteries you can (2 of them) and the biggest alternato r you can and a voltmeter and go from there. You wont know until you get everything installed, then go from there.

The two posts I started were not directly related at first. I was only asking about efficiency on the other one, but this question was answered in the end. I'll keep the batteries and the alt sizes in mind. Thanks.

i rean the dp's on 708w each deffinatly need at least 1500w rms each for music to make them sound there best ludeman is runnin a sundown 3001 on one death row and its laughing at him. what is your box size u have in mind for these subs i have six cubes and only one 20.1 doing as of last night 148.3 db music and 148.9 at 44hz for burp but i oversized my enclosure because it was a low powered setup i have way more in there you if your gonna use the 3000 make room for some oversizing. not much though. just gotta find your groove then its beer time :drink40:

i rean the dp's on 708w each deffinatly need at least 1500w rms each for music to make them sound there best

NO, NOT AT ALL.

What you meant to say was that at 700w they will be fine and until you get to 1400w you WON'T EVEN HEAR A DIFFERENCE, so it would be pointless to upgrade to 1000w from 700w unless you are chasing the meter and not your ears.

i rean the dp's on 708w each deffinatly need at least 1500w rms each for music to make them sound there best ludeman is runnin a sundown 3001 on one death row and its laughing at him. what is your box size u have in mind for these subs i have six cubes and only one 20.1 doing as of last night 148.3 db music and 148.9 at 44hz for burp but i oversized my enclosure because it was a low powered setup i have way more in there you if your gonna use the 3000 make room for some oversizing. not much though. just gotta find your groove then its beer time :drink40:

ludeman doesnt have the 3000d runnin all 3000 watts.

he has it at 1300. he gained down. the death row wont take that much.

I say go with a 3000d for space reasons, the DP's sounded good with 700 watts didn't hear them with the IA 20 yet!