Sign in to follow this  
forsellb

RF T4000-1BD or SD 3500D

Hey I going to be getting 2 Fi BTLs fully loaded with the daily instead of SPL option, should I get the Rockford Fosgate 4000-1BD or Sundown 3500D?

Hey I going to be getting 2 Fi BTLs fully loaded with the daily instead of SPL option, should I get the Rockford Fosgate 4000-1BD or Sundown 3500D?

Which cost less?

I can get both for the same identical price.... lol so I mean, which one is more reliable, or better quality?

I can get both for the same identical price.... lol so I mean, which one is more reliable, or better quality?

I would go Sundown, as the CS is top-notch. And product is also amazing. :)

not only do they cost the same but does the RF t4000 put out more RMS? the 3500D only puts out like 3660rms @ 1ohm right?

alright thanks

not only do they cost the same but does the RF t4000 put out more RMS? the 3500D only puts out like 3660rms @ 1ohm right?

As far as I remember the SAZ is rated at 12.6 volts, and Fosgates are rated at 14.4. So if you think you can maintain 14.4v with no drop then the 4k is for you.

yea but if u have the electrical to back that Sundown 3500 up then it will put out way more than 3500...

As far as I remember the SAZ is rated at 12.6 volts, and Fosgates are rated at 14.4. So if you think you can maintain 14.4v with no drop then the 4k is for you.

ah touche, what do you think the 3500D would do at 13.5+V? I know I can maintain that

Not sure but i think at 12.6v it does 3500w

Yea it does : POWER : 3660 Watts

AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 65.84 V

AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 55.58 A

ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.18 ohms

SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 11.9 V

WHOA forget it was tested at under 12v.. SunDown FTW, plus I just seen Rockford Fosgate has a 77.3% Eff.. as opposed to 86% for the 3500d.. wow I feel stupid now..

source : Sundown Specs

Edited by forsellb

thats what i like to see

SUNDOWN FTW!!!!!!

:angry22::angry22:

Yea no joke, I read this the other day but I was sleepy and I thought it said 3660 at like 13 volts or something.. and the fosgate puts out 4700s at 14.4V..Sundown FTW, Ill be loud as hell either way fing05.gif

o yeah it will be way loud...im running the 3000d to a single BTL and that slaps...i couldnt imagine two of them

Good luck!

o yeah it will be way loud...im running the 3000d to a single BTL and that slaps...i couldnt imagine two of them

Good luck!

Edited by forsellb

opinion of mine i would do th RF amp only cuz i have 1 powering two 18 btl 's and its literally slapping the shit out of my truck....but its my opinion....... i also have everything as far as electricall

iirc on RF amps the subsonic filter is fixed at 28hz, not adjustable... Just one more reason to go with sundown, you can set it where you need it. Although neither are bad amps by any means whatsoever.

power the BTLs with one SAZ 3500d...that amp does rated power at 12.6v so if u have the electrical u will see well more than 3500watts

Sign in to follow this