casedawg350

not enough

so after roughly 8 months with my set-up, im already ready for something more! i was hoping this would last me longer. haha. its just not loud enough anymore.

anyone else get bored with theirs and feel the urge to upgrade often? lol

Edited by casedawg350

i use to, mdizzle is like that...... i think everyone i know wants to upgrade....once you do get it close to the right sound, then you will want a more tricked out install....lol

chop

If this is the system listed in your sig, how about upgrading your front stage first.

If this is the system listed in your sig, how about upgrading your front stage first.

its got an Infinity sound system so its actually very good. more then enough for me. i want a sub that can keep up with it and maybe overpower it only when i want to

I dont get so much as bored with output, I want to experience what other drivers sound like though.

I dont get so much as bored with output, I want to experience what other drivers sound like though.

That how I am. Plus the output thing. I love my Xcon, it is awesome and I will never get rid of it, but I want to start putting up numbers. I am going to keep my xcon after I send it in, It will go in my next car. I might build a HT setup for it idk.

Edited by mdizzle5472

Yes... always need louder.... average people think I'm insane... lol

Yes... always need louder.... average people think I'm insane... lol

yes indeed.

We are all showing signs of the addiction, errr I mean, passion for car audio. ;)

what kind of electrical is needed for 1500-2kwrms? i know big 3 in 1/0 and power/grounds 1/0. is an alt necessary? im guessing a battery would be a very good idea as well? deadening im sure is a good idea too.

besides the amp to push it, driver to take it and box to put it in lol

Edited by casedawg350

i want more.. i always wanted a 150. now i've done it... I then wanted a 155... well, i did a 156 in the kick and felt it when i bent over one time during metering!

I now want a 160. It's my belief that 150 is where car audio begins but 160 is where life begins... It's not all that common for a 160db daily driver...

what kind of electrical is needed for 1500-2kwrms? i know big 3 in 1/0 and power/grounds 1/0. is an alt necessary? im guessing a battery would be a very good idea as well? deadening im sure is a good idea too.

besides the amp to push it, driver to take it and box to put it in lol

Yes 1/0ga is a must, the need for an alt is subjective... depends on what your stock alt puts out. A high quality battery up front like a Kinetik or Optima would be a must I would think, another in the back would help out. For example, I'm running about 2600wRMS total, with a stock alt (160amps) and a RedTop up front, and don't have too much of a problem with voltage drop until its cranked full volume for a while.

Deadening helps out a LOT, my trunk and doors are completely pasted with DampPro which I recommend highly. Great product with a great price point.

Also, off-topic - Shizzon do you have any vids of your system? It looks pretty mean I was just checkin out your sig haha

Edited by CadillacMatt

Haha "What the hell's wrong with you sittin' there like it ain't nothin"

I love those reactions :fing34:

So what are you thinking about doing Casey? I think you should try a IA 187 12 or even a 15. You could still utilize your Kicker amp and get the full 750 or even dial it down a little.

Ignore me, I just found your other thread about getting the Xcon and Sundown......lol

Edited by chicagofan