burton907

i've been thinking, need answers

i know it's always install dependent. but i just want some straight up answers, hopefully answers with some experience behind them.

but i was planning on getting 2 (12's or 15's) btl's. and just work my way up to the setup i want as money allows.

but i don't want to have to upgrade my alternator and all my electrical other then the basics, like big3, deep cycle bat, yadda yadda. and if i was to get the BTL's i wouldn't give them the 4000ish watts they deserve.... so i started to think about the BL @ 1000w rms.

how much of a difference will be if i get 2 BL's at ~2000w vs 2 BTL's @ ~2000w (i'm thinkin around 2000 so i wont have to upgrade electrical)

would the BL's perform a little better output wise then the BTL's, considering all the variables like install, box size, song/note being played.

any input is welcome. what i honestly want to be able to do, is shut up EVERYONE in town with the mainstream brands. not all of them are bad but they are all crazy about orion HCCA or P3's around here.

but i don't want just strict SPL. i just want a groundpounder i suppose.

i'm gonna be updating my sig here hopefully after i post this if i don't get side tracked. i got a new car and different stuff.. so ignore that untill it has a 2001 grand cherokee as my vehicle.

let me know if you want any other info, i'm thinking keeping around the middle box volume that FI recommends for either sub @ 31-32hz

Even if you only gave them 1 watt each, the BTL's will be louder than the BL's. The BTL is ALWAYS louder than the BL.

*assumes box designed appropriately for each*

Oh and even with only 2kW you are going to need an alternator.

definitely a alternator with high output

no they were braggin about a RF P3.

and M5, i have a 135amp stock alt? i'd still have to upgrade after big 3 and all?

yes the box's will be built correctly to the best of my abilities so for clearification, 2 BTL's on 2000w total will be louder then 2 BL's on 2000w total. if that is true, then what are the benifits of having a BL over a BTL? better "SQ" or just price?

and M5, i have a 135amp stock alt? i'd still have to upgrade after big 3 and all?

yes the box's will be built correctly to the best of my abilities so for clearification, 2 BTL's on 2000w total will be louder then 2 BL's on 2000w total. if that is true, then what are the benifits of having a BL over a BTL? better "SQ" or just price?

A 135 amp is not an ho alternator, any 2000rms system would benefit from a upgraded alternator, extra battery and bit 3. People are telling you this for reason, if all three are recommended then do all three (dont do one or two and think your fine). But if you want to shortcut the process then just add an extra battery and do the big three, buy a voltmeter and watch your voltage(thats the best way to determine if more electrical upgrades are needed by voltage drops).

price and the btl's have the potential to handle way more power then the bl's

That is a good point if a BTL would be louder than a BL, then people should just grab a BTL from go and if they choose to throw more than 1000rms at it then they can ( I would just save up those extra duckies since I will always have the room to upgrade if need be). I personally would of thought a BL would have the potential to be louder at its peak rms potential while a BTL was only around halfway, what a funny issue.