KU40

Product Reviews

I'm posting this thread in the general section so that maybe more people will see it.

This is a plea to get people to write product reviews. In my opinion, that is one of the most valuable resources that this forum can have yet it is being severely underutilized. Write a review about all of your equipment, not just subs (as I know that's the most popular). We get many threads each day with people trying to figure out what equipment to buy and we could point them to the review section. But right now there are about four reviews in the last four months in there.

However, there is a caveat to my encouragement. Please write a good review. This includes positives and negatives in an objective manner, and put your boner for the product/company or your purchase pride aside. A review saying "This sub is so loud and its SQ is great, it rocks," does absolutely no good. We need details details details. Also, do not be afraid to compare to other equipment, such as "I just bought sub x, and although it's louder in the 30-40 hz range in a similar box than my old sub y, the kick drum at the upper end is not as well defined." If you just do the best you can, that's great. If you can't think of everything that needs to be said about it just because you're new to writing reviews, that's ok too, just be prepared for somebody to ask you about it in the thread. But once again, please be as specific and objective as possible.

Just in case anyone did not know where the review section is: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?/forum/58-product-reviews/

I'm posting this thread in the general section so that maybe more people will see it.

This is a plea to get people to write product reviews. In my opinion, that is one of the most valuable resources that this forum can have yet it is being severely underutilized. Write a review about all of your equipment, not just subs (as I know that's the most popular). We get many threads each day with people trying to figure out what equipment to buy and we could point them to the review section. But right now there are about four reviews in the last four months in there.

However, there is a caveat to my encouragement. Please write a good review. This includes positives and negatives in an objective manner, and put your boner for the product/company or your purchase pride aside. A review saying "This sub is so loud and its SQ is great, it rocks," does absolutely no good. We need details details details. Also, do not be afraid to compare to other equipment, such as "I just bought sub x, and although it's louder in the 30-40 hz range in a similar box than my old sub y, the kick drum at the upper end is not as well defined." If you just do the best you can, that's great. If you can't think of everything that needs to be said about it just because you're new to writing reviews, that's ok too, just be prepared for somebody to ask you about it in the thread. But once again, please be as specific and objective as possible.

Also might want to state whether you would recommend the product to a friend. As when I fill out product reviews, it always ask if I would recommend the product. Also where you heard about the product, (which in most cases would probably be from this forum).

Hmm I think I'll go work on a few, that's a great idea :fing34:

Hmm I think I'll go work on a few, that's a great idea :fing34:

fing05.gif

The more quality reviews posted, the better the site gets. :)