sion1rawkz

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY BOX DESIGN!!!! 18" btl

ok so i just bought an 18" fi btl fully loaded dual 1ohm....i originally wanted my box to be 40"x30"x20" with a port size of 10"x18" (which would pretty much take up my whole trunk space) tuned to 35hz ....but ppl tell me thats probably too big...its goin in a lincoln navigator...can anybody PLEASE just tell me if thats ok or too big or what it is that i have to fix to make my sub hit HARD! also how should i face my sub and port? i originally thought both up, but i heard sub facing up and port facing the rear is better, is this true?

ok well first off i working with a hifonics 2000 watt brutus for now...hopefully a saz3000d soon...i listen to mostly rap but pretty much everything with bass...im trying to get that deep low bass thats gonna vibrate the entire block!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!

Edited by sion1rawkz

hey buddy, if you are really wanting these guys to jump on this, get the info on your amp up on here........

also "hit hard" can be determined several different ways on here......what is your musical preferance?

this will help them decide what your goals are..... i know that they can determine port length off what you have specified, but you might just throw that info in there for them.....as well as sub displacement.....

as far as the sub and port placement.... i am a big fan of sub up , port to the rear.......with a single sub like yours, i would like the port to span horizontally across the bottom, and the sub centered in box.....

just my .02 :fing34:

chop

ok words from someone that has ran a few 18s... if you run 4k+ i like runnin the 18s in around 4-4.5 cube after displacement. anything below that id ran them in 4.5-5 cube. thats just me th ough. some people like really big boxes but ive done well in smaller boxes.

ok words from someone that has ran a few 18s... if you run 4k+ i like runnin the 18s in around 4-4.5 cube after displacement. anything below that id ran them in 4.5-5 cube. thats just me th ough. some people like really big boxes but ive done well in smaller boxes.

what do u mean by after displacement? sorry im stupid...

the amount of air displaced by the subwoofers motor and basket.....

usually they will list it in the specs, if not, that sub is super popular, just ask around....

could be close to .75cf or better! not sure though.

BTL 18 � Ported box we recommend using 5-8 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz tuning, you can tune a little higher if you wish but we recommend keeping it close to 32hz for a daily driver. Again the same 12-16 square inches of area applies per cubic foot of volume.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ from FI........... :fing34:

BTL18

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 31.9 Hz | 31.1 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 6.26 | 6.42

Qes: .26 | .24

Qts: .24 | .023

Mms: 313g | 329g

Sd: 1210cm^2 | 1210cm^2

Vas: 163.1 l | 163.1 l

Spl: 94.9dB 1W/1m | 94.9dB 1W/1m

Bl: 18.3 N/A | 27.2 N/A

Xmax: 28mm * | 28mm *

Rms: 2000W * | 2000W *

Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft

Ported box: 5-10cuft | 5-10cuft

Sub OD: 18.500” | 18.500”

Cut ID: 16.750” | 16.750”

Mounting depth: 10.250” | 10.250”

Displacement: 0.26cuft | 0.26cuft

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^confirmed :fing34:

so you are at like 13.9 without displacement of port or sub ..............

but , that still is not going to shrink it down that much.....

you need to redesign that bad boy :fing34:

did you get a duel 1 or 2????

cuz hopefully you got a duel 2 and wire it to 1ohm for that amp

the amount of air displaced by the subwoofers motor and basket.....

usually they will list it in the specs, if not, that sub is super popular, just ask around....

could be close to .75cf or better! not sure though.

that one is much closer to .22-.25

:Edit: I see you found it right at .26

good work.

Edited by iamamp3pimp

yeah u will do good at 5 i have 2 18's with 10 cubes after dispalcement at 32 hz and the thing slams the sh out of my truck def. recommend smaller box