Sign in to follow this  
ridn.strappd

BTL Break-in??

Okay, no matter where i look, i cant seem to find out if breaking in a sub is needed or if it is just a myth? Im kind of a newb you could say. Ive got a 12" fi btl being pushed by a hifonics bxi2610d wired to 1ohm. should i take it easy on the sub for a while or what? Ive heard these bad boys can take a beating, but im not trying to kill my $500 dollar investment the first week i have it! haha. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

No need for a break in. It will break itself in over time.

dont quote me, but I dont think the break-in is for longevity like braking in an engine or something like that. the suspension softens up after a while of playing it and it can get louder after break-in.

looking back at what I wrote, it seems as though is a suspension was VERY stiff when new and you were beating on it before it had softened up some, it could damage/tear something. Ive never heard of it happening, and dont think it does, but before you crank it too far, Id wait for someone else to chime in.

no buddy just let em wang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink40:

It's A Myth, Beat The Piss Out Of It, It's What It Likes.

dont quote me, but I dont think the break-in is for longevity like braking in an engine or something like that. the suspension softens up after a while of playing it and it can get louder after break-in.

looking back at what I wrote, it seems as though is a suspension was VERY stiff when new and you were beating on it before it had softened up some, it could damage/tear something. Ive never heard of it happening, and dont think it does, but before you crank it too far, Id wait for someone else to chime in.

I've quoted you lol.

Yes, some cases people have ripped spiders, and thats purely down to incorrectly set subsonic filter. If thats set correctly, within 3-4Hz of tuning freq and your not clipping then go right ahead and turn it up. They begin to sound different every day for a couple of weeks before there nicely broken in.

Sign in to follow this