ppiflat10s

parts express

whens the last time anyones been on that site?

I was on there about 3 days ago I think it was, and then all the sudden I could only go back in my browser to pages Id already seen. no new links would work for me. and now tonight I was gonna try and check some stuff out and again I cant get to the site. normally if a sites just down for maintenance they post something saying that as their home page while their doing their work, but I get nothing.

well now it works for me.

ok, nevermind, some of their site works but their car audio section doesnt. but since the site partially works Im guessing it will be back online soon.

seems ok now, im on a mac and my browser is firefox, if that makes a difference..

I can still get to the pages in my history and thats it. Im using firefox as well.

I heard that they had carpet for speaker cabinets for a cheap price. but since I cant get to the site, Im just gonna get some from walmart tomorrow so I can carpet the box, got the glass done today so now its carpet, wire subs and install.

I can still get to the pages in my history and thats it. Im using firefox as well.

I heard that they had carpet for speaker cabinets for a cheap price. but since I cant get to the site, Im just gonna get some from walmart tomorrow so I can carpet the box, got the glass done today so now its carpet, wire subs and install.

They actually have a couple of different types of carpet. They have some in the "speaker building section" here and some in the "automotive" section here. I have used both and both a pretty good for a car enclosure. The automotive is a little thicker and suppose to be a little more durable.

Try the links I posted and see if you can get to the pages from there...

neither of the links work for me.... every other website works for me though... weird thing is my mom called me earlier (I tell her to email me if its not important so I dont have to talk to her 8 times a day! lol) and it was to tell me she couldnt email me cuz hotmail wouldnt work for her but it worked for me. she has a different ISP than I do, I was gonna have her try PE for me but she was no longer at her computer. not sure whats up, because I also wanted a pair of those active crossover simulators to use as a preamp SSF for the wifes car.

neither of the links work for me.... every other website works for me though... weird thing is my mom called me earlier (I tell her to email me if its not important so I dont have to talk to her 8 times a day! lol) and it was to tell me she couldnt email me cuz hotmail wouldnt work for her but it worked for me. she has a different ISP than I do, I was gonna have her try PE for me but she was no longer at her computer. not sure whats up, because I also wanted a pair of those active crossover simulators to use as a preamp SSF for the wifes car.

Another place for some low priced carpet is AutoZone, parts-express.com works for me and I use Internet Explorer.

for every website that doesnt work, go to command prompt and type in-

tracert www.google.com (for example)

write down what dns server times out and try other websites that do not work either.

At this time, contact your ISP and let them know what is going on and let them know the locations, chicago, new york, etc.... because some of their routers may be down.

I have had to contact my ISP before because of something like this.

I monitor my network all the time.

I ended up going to walmart and picking some up for 8.88 a roll, 3'x6'

I first went to checkers to get it, but it was 13.99 for a roll the same size. different brand names but I swear they both originated from the same factory.

I ended up going to walmart and picking some up for 8.88 a roll, 3'x6'

I first went to checkers to get it, but it was 13.99 for a roll the same size. different brand names but I swear they both originated from the same factory.

Ive seen an enclosure covered in leather before (its gonna be more expensive then carpet and not as durable) but it can be done.

yeah, not sure the price of leather vs vinyl, but I bought some vinyl to cover my pods today and its 10 bucks a yard, so depending on the box your gonna need at least 2 probably if not 3 yards. so vinyl will be a little more than triple the cost of carpet, then theres even more money since its leather.

I want to cover an enclosure in leather, has anybody done this?

You are going to have to sew then...unless you have some ridiculous good idea on how to hide the seams.

you could do what ive seen a couple times, and run a blade around the box about 1/8 deep 3/4 in from the edges and cut a bunch of pieces and use some spray adhesive to tack them on(Im guessing it will adhere to leather), and then trim the leather just past the grooves and use a putty knife or something to tuck the edges into the grooves to hide them. Ive only seen it done with carpet but its gotta work with leather too.