CadillacMatt

Anyone play EVE Online?

A kickass space MMORPG for those who haven't heard of it, the level of depth/detail of this game is mind-boggling.... you can follow pretty much any profession you want... be it miner, mercenary, soldier, trader, corporate leader, etc etc. And the virtual universe that you are able to explore consists of thousands of individual star systems... it's unfathomably huge.

The best part is they offer a 14-day free trial (I'm on day 3 so far) and the download is about 1Gb, or if you purchase it off-the-shelf then you get a 60 day subscription I believe... check it out!

eve-online01.jpg

There's even an in-game browser so you can browse SSA while you play ;)

connectfour.jpg

i have been playing it since 2005 and the last year i have been on haiatus from it just finishing school. I have 2 accounts, i have a thanatos on my one char thats a minmatar/gallente char and my other char is a caldari/gallente/amarr mix. My main char names are Dark Blossom and Light Blossom. I was in the Razor Alliance and what not, i am more of a miner/tradesman in the long run. I did invention for a while. Working on the fighting skills, it just takes alot of playing to really make money if you arent good at playing the market. With the amount of playing i did, it was tough to accrue a large some of money, took me a while to save up for a carrier. I enjoy it, i just need to upgrade my video card so i can use the premium content. I do plan to upgrade my comp soon, its not slow, just wanna be able to do some overclocking, raided harddrives. I have a 2.66ghz core 2 duo, by no means is it slow, just wanna beast out.

Yeah I need a new vid card too that premium content really whips the llama's ass...

The game has a steep learning curve I'm still going through all the tutorials, but luckily there are really cool people on there that don't mind helpin newbies and the tutorials are pretty good too...

getting money in the beginning helps alot, its tough to build wealth like i said, once u got it, keeping it is smart, always keep reserves. I try to help and teach newbs as well when im in alenia and what not. I like alenia, its pretty and relaxed. I can be aloner at times, very much a jack of all trades. With people playing from all around the world, coordinating massive fights can be a tad difficult at times, some are very demanding, hence why i have steered clear of that, just alot of time has to be put in.