Sign in to follow this  
Nvr2loud22

New system...help.

Alright. So im putting together my new system and im new to this so i need some guidance or help. I just bought a BL 15 fully loaded dual 1 and built the new box so thats takin care of for the sub. Now im buying a Hifonics BXi 1210D. Im going to have to run 4 gauge wire with that amp tho and i was wondering would i want to get an amp with 0 gauge instead? difference? I dont know what to throw around my car for speakers tho. any ideas? Im going to run a Rockford punch 550x2 to the speaks what ever they are. And im going to run another amp, Alpine 650 mono to some towers im throwing in. Do i need a distribution block or a fused distribution block to run 3 amps? Going to have all amps running off this http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/28. Donoo about a head unit yet, which one that is. Again any ideas? All going into a 97 4runner or a 2000 Xterra. If anyone feels like Kind of building a system and helping me out, then help me out please. Thanks to anyone!

Alright. So im putting together my new system and im new to this so i need some guidance or help. I just bought a BL 15 fully loaded dual 1 and built the new box so thats takin care of for the sub. Now im buying a Hifonics BXi 1210D. Im going to have to run 4 gauge wire with that amp tho and i was wondering would i want to get an amp with 0 gauge instead? difference? I dont know what to throw around my car for speakers tho. any ideas? Im going to run a Rockford punch 550x2 to the speaks what ever they are. And im going to run another amp, Alpine 650 mono to some towers im throwing in. Do i need a distribution block or a fused distribution block to run 3 amps? Going to have all amps running off this http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/28. Donoo about a head unit yet, which one that is. Again any ideas? All going into a 97 4runner or a 2000 Xterra. If anyone feels like Kind of building a system and helping me out, then help me out please. Thanks to anyone!

if your going to use that hifonics amp you need to change your order on your bl to dual 2 ohm.

or if you already have the sub you need to get an amp that puts out some power at 2 ohms.

you could only wire that hifonics to 2 ohms. you'd probably only be gettin 600 watts to the bl.

Dual 2 sub. Look into a different amp. Those amps are cheap, and thats all there really is to say about them. Look into sundown, AQ, kicker. I ran a bl off a Sundown saz 1500d.

Dual 2 sub. Look into a different amp. Those amps are cheap, and thats all there really is to say about them. Look into sundown, AQ, kicker. I ran a bl off a Sundown saz 1500d.

yep like he said get dual 2.

i say go with sundown. they're definitely worth the money.

Ye aiI just traded my 1500d plus some cash for a 3000d. I can't wait to get it. fing05.gif

that may have been a phrase twister.

You probably meant class d.

Some mono amps out there are actually Class A/B and it's hard on electrical system to get the power out of those amps..

Now, all the amps mentioned - sundown, AQ, kicker - those are all offered in mono class d so there's no confusion there.

Some of your "other" brands that are not ever repped or rarely repped due to poor build quality most of the time will manufacturer mono amps but are not class d so they will draw an enormous amount of power just to produce the rated output.. if they even do rated power.

But then again.. there are some full range class d amps now..lol

So, i say Mono Class D amp, lol

that may have been a phrase twister.

You probably meant class d.

Some mono amps out there are actually Class A/B and it's hard on electrical system to get the power out of those amps..

Now, all the amps mentioned - sundown, AQ, kicker - those are all offered in mono class d so there's no confusion there.

Some of your "other" brands that are not ever repped or rarely repped due to poor build quality most of the time will manufacturer mono amps but are not class d so they will draw an enormous amount of power just to produce the rated output.. if they even do rated power.

But then again.. there are some full range class d amps now..lol

So, i say Mono Class D amp, lol

haha. I was confuzed about that same thing.

most sub amps are mono. so thats what you want.

class d amps are the best to use. a/b class are poop amps lol.

so you want a mono class d amp.

Whats the difference between a dual 1 ohm sub and a dual 2 ohm? And if the amp puts out at 2 ohms why wouldnt i get a 2 ohm sub?

Whats the difference between a dual 1 ohm sub and a dual 2 ohm? And if the amp puts out at 2 ohms why wouldnt i get a 2 ohm sub?

by dual it means it has dual coils. it has two sets of coils you wire to the amp.

if its a dual 1 ohm sub it can be wired to .5 ohms and 2 ohms. in this case you would go with the kicker amp.

if its dual 2 ohm it can be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. you would go with the amps we mentioned for this.

Just get a FI BL, Dual 2 ohm subwoofer and get a Sundown SAE-1200d thats on sale right now (that way the sub will be wired to a 1 ohm load giving the sub what it needs).

Where can i find that amp on sale?

at the ssa store. its 250.

if you didnt understand my post earlier about the dual coils go to the12volt.com and on there go to subwoofer wiring and it shows you how to wire the coils.

I type too slow, all my answers I gave are already posted above me.

Edited by ppiflat10s

Nvr2louud22, you should read some more here on this forum!

You're starting with a good sub, listen to the well informed people here, but don't pull the trigger to quick on equipments !!!

What are your goals for your system?

What do you want?

Express yourself!!! If you want people to help you.

How did you choose the BL ? ... etc

Nvr2louud22, you should read some more here on this forum!

You're starting with a good sub, listen to the well informed people here, but don't pull the trigger to quick on equipments !!!

What are your goals for your system?

What do you want?

Express yourself!!! If you want people to help you.

How did you choose the BL ? ... etc

I just want a system that pounds hard as hell. Im a daily driver and will prob not play it to often when the car is off. I wont be entering in any competitions. Just for my use only.

I Heard about the whole Fi series through ***** ***** of course. I wanted a BTL but i found it pointless and why not just pay less?

So all in all i just want to be able to jump in my car and mob around pounding my stereo.

Listen to Jay cee : a Fi Bl and a SAE 1200 should be fine. This will pound as hell , as you said !!!

Just be sure to build a good box.

Before you buy anything, you'd better check the room you have available for a box in your trunk. You must know what size of sub you can really fit in the trunk.