Does anyone know why ID never made one of these? Its seems stupid that they havent, seems like it could have been a good money maker if they would have done it years ago when they made the 10 and 12.

all I know is of rumors, but never seen a final product

I hope the rumors come true! Id pick one up in a heartbeat. Im thinkin about pickin up a new mag too. But one of the people I trust the most in car audio dosnt particularily care for the mag and ive been skeptical since.

I hope the rumors come true! Id pick one up in a heartbeat. Im thinkin about pickin up a new mag too. But one of the people I trust the most in car audio dosnt particularily care for the mag and ive been skeptical since.

PM me with what they said?

I know I'm just one person and you do not know me, but I was so skeptical about the Magnum. In fact, I had pretty much made up my mind that all the hype was just that. I had ruled them out amongst every other driver I've had, and that list is long and true. Anyways, I took the plunge and got a couple. Needless to say, I am now a rep for SI and I just love the D2. All indications so far are that the new drivers pretty much blow the previous model out of the water. Good news indeed. Just thought I'd share my story.

As for the IDmax, it's one driver I have always wanted to play with. Only thing really holding me back is the issues I have heard about with coil alignment, and ID's horrendous tunraround times.

As for the IDmax, it's one driver I have always wanted to play with.  Only thing really holding me back is the issues I have heard about with coil alignment, and ID's horrendous tunraround times.

Samething that has kept me away from them, ive head they can become misaligned just by simply pushing on the cone.

The "misalignment" issue is because the IDMax have a very tight gap. So if you cause the coil/former to move away from center (say you press down on the cone with uneven pressure, which is a no-no regardless of subwoofer), then you will likely scrap the coil.

As for a 15" IDMax; they have been "working on it" for about the past 6 years. IIRC the CA&E directory for 1999 actually listed a 15" IDMax because they were anticipating releasing it.

However, if you know anything about how quickly ID releases new products, this "delay" should not be suprising. They are notoriously slow at releasing new products. They have been "working on" a 15" IDMax and a IDOne processor for years now. Back in September they said all they needed to do yet was select packaging for the new CTX line and they would be released; here we are 9 months later and still no CTX line (can't imagine it can take this long to pick out packaging). And now ofcourse they are "working on" a new IDQv3 and IDMax v4 (they actually have a few working prototypes of the v4!! Though it's odd that they can start designing a v4, yet still not release a 15" v3).

I have a pair of blown 12" IDMax sitting in my room right now :D I didn't blow them, I bought them this way. Recones are $95 each + shipping....so when it's all said and done, I'll have a pair of brand new and warrantied 12" IDmax's for less than $200 each :woot: I made a smartass lowball offer of $50 for the pair in a "I blew my subs" thread; and they guy actually accepted it!!!!

their products have served me well, hopefully getting a job this summer so i can get some horns. bah, dont even know why i'm an ID wh0re.

they say middle of the year of the 16'' or 17'' IDMAX, but we'll see...

The "misalignment" issue is because the IDMax have a very tight gap.  So if you cause the coil/former to move away from center (say you press down on the cone with uneven pressure, which is a no-no regardless of subwoofer), then you will likely scrap the coil.

As for a 15" IDMax; they have been "working on it" for about the past 6 years.  IIRC the CA&E directory for 1999 actually listed a 15" IDMax because they were anticipating releasing it.

However, if you know anything about how quickly ID releases new products, this "delay" should not be suprising.  They are notoriously slow at releasing new products.  They have been "working on" a 15" IDMax and a IDOne processor for years now.  Back in September they said all they needed to do yet was select packaging for the new CTX line and they would be released; here we are 9 months later and still no CTX line (can't imagine it can take this long to pick out packaging).  And now ofcourse they are "working on" a new IDQv3 and IDMax v4 (they actually have a few working prototypes of the v4!!  Though it's odd that they can start designing a v4, yet still not release a 15" v3).

I have a pair of blown 12" IDMax sitting in my room right now :D  I didn't blow them, I bought them this way.  Recones are $95 each + shipping....so when it's all said and done, I'll have a pair of brand new and warrantied 12" IDmax's for less than $200 each :woot:  I made a smartass lowball offer of $50 for the pair in a "I blew my subs" thread; and they guy actually accepted it!!!!

Yeah ive talked to them quite a bit on the phone before. I really like them (Eric and Matt), they are quite helpful guys. You got those IDmaxs for a steal too:p that was more than lucky. Better get the msent it seems like it takes awhile. I give them some credit though, ive seen them do some real nice stuff for kids who bought there drivers off ebay and had them blow. A free recone they gave one kid because they had only seen one other driver blow in such away. It was some thread on SD I read a while ago.

Also ID has their own forum too now, even easier to get a hold of them there.

http://forum.imagedynamicsusa.com/