smullen

Question on the Signal wiring to Multiple amps

I've seen this asked before and I thought I knew ""Best Practices" but then in reading, I discovered there are some things about the PRE inputs on teh Sundowns where they don't like certian ""Higher End" RCA cables... Who woulda thunk it???? So, if that was unknown to me, what else is, you know...

So my question/scenario is I have:

Headunit - Front Stereo Preouts to SAX125.2 Pre-Ins

Headunit - Rear Stereo Preouts to SAX 125.2 Pre-Ins

No question there, next is the question part.

I will be running (4) SAZ-2000D, if I can ever afford the rest of them.... Trying for by Christmas...

Should I run from

Head Unit Sub Pre Outs w multiple RCA Y Adapters to SAZ-2000D Pre-Ins

Head Unit Sub Pre Outs to SAZ-2000D Pre-Ins, then out if it to next SAZ-2000D (Thought I read somewhere this was a Non-No on these amps and only for Master/Slave setups)

Head Unit Sub Pre Outs to Some type of Line Driver like an Audio Contro Matrix or Epicenter, then Y dapters on its Pre-outs to SAZ-2000D Pre-Ins

I wish there was nicer (Quality and looks) Y Adapter Device that had a pair of L&R RCA Inputs and either 4 or 6 pairs L&R outputs, for running signal to all your sub amps...

Currious to the answers I get...

Edited by smullen

well for starters no high end RCA's on SOME sundown amps. some ppl claim that the high end rca have no negative effect on the amp some ppl have had issues with older versions of the saz line and highend rca's. so better just play it safe and use cheaper ones! now your next question is an interesting one

you wnat to run 4saz2000 so i have to ask you will 4saz be pushing 4 subs? or 2 subs? or 1sub?

so how many subs are you planning on running? also on the back of your h/u how many sub pre-outs do you have? just one? (i mean do you have a left and a right or just one rca)

so how many subs are you planning on running?

4 Subs, (1) 12" Dual 2 Ohm, wired to 1 Ohm @ each amp

also on the back of your h/u how many sub pre-outs do you have? just one? (i mean do you have a left and a right or just one rca)

I thought it had two sub outs (L & R), but its been awhile since I looked at it... Its a Kenwood DVD Head Unit, forgot the model number something like a KZ-910DVD... DVD head unit with no screen... It in the Garage at my other house or I'd run out and look...

Edited by smullen

You can either;

A - run 6 y-splitters from your sub output

B - strap each pair of amps and run 3 y-splitters

C - buy a line driver that has 4 outputs like a Maxx-Link

You can either;

A - run 6 y-splitters from your sub output

B - strap each pair of amps and run 3 y-splitters

C - buy a line driver that has 4 outputs like a Maxx-Link

hmmm Looking at the maxx-Link....

Anyone know a decent online retailer that sells them N.I.B. ???

couldn't he also just,

strap 2 amps together and strape the other 2 amps together and use L side of hte sub preout rca to power 2 of the 4 saz2000's then use the R one to power the other 2?

and then get a single rca to go from brain out to brain in on each set of amps?

i know if you have 1 out of hte 2 rca plugged in you will have to turn your GAIN up more but it will eliminate the need for Y cables and what not and no need to play around with a MAXX link or anything like that