Sign in to follow this  
subw123

2 12 audioque hdc3 vs fi btl 18?

base your decision on what room you have because it's gonna come down to the box design.

the 12s need 5cuft NET and the 18 is gonna want a little more.

They both can dig into the lows just fine.

base your decision on what room you have because it's gonna come down to the box design.

the 12s need 5cuft NET and the 18 is gonna want a little more.

They both can dig into the lows just fine.

[/quote

i was going to do about 6.5 cubic foot box tuned to 30 to 31 and if i got the btl i was going to do 8 cubes and tuned to 32 hz.

but really which one is going to move more air and be louder?

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but the 18 will have more cone area than 2 12s and would therefore be louder since it can move more air.

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but the 18 will have more cone area than 2 12s and would therefore be louder since it can move more air.

well whats 12 +12 24in of cone area and 18 or the fi but i will be running same rms to the btl as the 2 12

No, you can't go by one t/s parameter and that's your answer, lol.

It's more complicated than that.

The AQ HDC3 12s have more cone area than practically any other 12 out there according to their parameters.

You also have motor force. The 2 12s will have more motor than that single 18 so now the tables have turned....

The 12s can handle more power than the single 18 so how much power you plannin on using?

The 18 would likely have less phasing issues than the 2 12s so now what are you going to do?

Just pick one and go with it. Audibly or for competition, both can excel over each other.

well whats 12 +12 24in of cone area and 18 or the fi but i will be running same rms to the btl as the 2 12

You need to go back to school. Area of a cirlce is A= Pi(3.1415 etc.)X Radius Squared

One 12" - 113.09 Sq. Inches.

Two 12" - 226.19 Sq. Inches

One 18" - 254.47 Sq. Inches

Edit: And X2 On Shizzzon's comment.

Edited by tech2332

Going by the specs on the respected sites of the subs the BTL can handle 2000W RMS, the HDC3 can handle 1000w RMS so two audioques are going to take as much power as a single BTL (according to specs).

Also the BTL has a slightly higher sensitivity so in that regard it would be louder with equal power. Really though I don't see a bad choice, each setup has cons and pros but they will both be loud in the correct box.

haha, the AQ's handle 3,500w aluminum, 2,400w Copper.... That power rating shown is to prevent the subs from gettin damaged under heavy clipping.

Haha ok then. Thats something I never woulda known :P.

What is going to be used to power either of these?

hes got an audio pipe 3000. i would say musically go with the BTL output wise go with the aq. also i dont think the aq's are supposed to be tuned that low. i think a 35 hz tuning would be good for them since they have the throw to be able to hit lower notes at higher tuning. im going with the BTL on moving more air and sounding better.

No, you can't go by one t/s parameter and that's your answer, lol.

It's more complicated than that.

The AQ HDC3 12s have more cone area than practically any other 12 out there according to their parameters.

You also have motor force. The 2 12s will have more motor than that single 18 so now the tables have turned....

The 12s can handle more power than the single 18 so how much power you plannin on using?

The 18 would likely have less phasing issues than the 2 12s so now what are you going to do?

Just pick one and go with it. Audibly or for competition, both can excel over each other.

well about 3000rms. and just daily but some comps so what is going to be the loudest bc im have a hard time one secong i go with btl other i go with aq so i dont know in ur opinion just pic one for me both are good so i wont be disapointed

haha, the AQ's handle 3,500w aluminum, 2,400w Copper.... That power rating shown is to prevent the subs from gettin damaged under heavy clipping.

finally someone actually knows alittle about aq!

Haha ok then. Thats something I never woulda known :P.

What is going to be used to power either of these?

audiopipe 3000

hes got an audio pipe 3000. i would say musically go with the BTL output wise go with the aq. also i dont think the aq's are supposed to be tuned that low. i think a 35 hz tuning would be good for them since they have the throw to be able to hit lower notes at higher tuning. im going with the BTL on moving more air and sounding better.

fuckin btl it is!!! what color dust cap u gettin for your 12

fuckin btl it is!!! what color dust cap u gettin for your 12

gotta keep it original! stickin with the white. everything else looks weird....