catrack_21

So i work at Best BUy need sugestions

I would recommend looking around here. At the top of the page is a tab that says store. Click on that and look at the subs and package deals on there. Also check out fi another great company. Here is there website ... Fi Car Audio. There will be a box that pops up click on no to view the true page.

Can you give us a little more info on goals and budget as asked above as I don't want to start suggesting something that is incorrect or not right for your install. I have my preferences, but you and I are two different people. Also, are you going to do any electrical upgrades or sound deadening? (We are into properly set up and respectful audio here) ;)

Ok so i have a 96 galant.. gonna put up pics a little later mayb after practice.. I just got the car from my brother who just shipped off to basic training for the airforce. The electrical is all stock. Im guessing if im just running one rf1000bd i may need to upgrade the battery upfront then do the big 3 some time down the road. On preferences i've had 2 fifteen cvrs in sealed box before in my astro van that pounded atleast to me and different 12's from mtx to polk they where just entry level nothing too special.. THis will basically be my first serious install trying to do everything right the first time.

Can you give us a little more info on goals and budget as asked above as I don't want to start suggesting something that is incorrect or not right for your install. I have my preferences, but you and I are two different people. Also, are you going to do any electrical upgrades or sound deadening? (We are into properly set up and respectful audio here) ;)

Ok so i have a 96 galant.. gonna put up pics a little later mayb after practice.. I just got the car from my brother who just shipped off to basic training for the airforce. The electrical is all stock. Im guessing if im just running one rf1000bd i may need to upgrade the battery upfront then do the big 3 some time down the road. On preferences i've had 2 fifteen cvrs in sealed box before in my astro van that pounded atleast to me and different 12's from mtx to polk they where just entry level nothing too special.. THis will basically be my first serious install trying to do everything right the first time.

I would suggest doing the Big3 regardless. Sub woofer and amplifier wise, as people have suggested earlier there is a higher performance per dollar ratio from smaller internet based companies. But it does depend if you really want to stick with Best Buy because of your discount. If you grab a pair of Type-R's or Pioneer 3000's and a large RF amp, it has great potential to get loud for the dollar, and you will have good products. Did BB just pick up Focal or some high end brand recently?

You could also grab a pair of Fi SSD's and a Sundown amplifier and you will also have good products. So you need to figure out if you want to stay with in the Best Buy reach, or venture outside of it and try out new brands with the opportunity to speak directly to the company that makes them right here on SSA. It is all about what you are comfortable with. Might want to see if Audible Customs is still doing the free box with sub woofer purchase.

O yea and why i keep saying their warranty is that i wont be without my music for long all i have 2 do is go into the store and get new ones. With buying everything online i have to wait for shipping and all that good stuff. Anyways we have an accommodation on dynamat 36sqft roll for 93 bucks is that a good price? Thats like the one thing i haven't looked up is sound deadening material, and i dont see alot of people using dynamat on the forums its usually fatmat or spectrum sludge and junk. Also could i do my whole trunk with the said amount?

O yea and why i keep saying their warranty is that i wont be without my music for long all i have 2 do is go into the store and get new ones. With buying everything online i have to wait for shipping and all that good stuff. Anyways we have an accommodation on dynamat 36sqft roll for 93 bucks is that a good price? Thats like the one thing i haven't looked up is sound deadening material, and i dont see alot of people using dynamat on the forums its usually fatmat or spectrum sludge and junk. Also could i do my whole trunk with the said amount?

Check around this site, there are some great suggestions and ideas on sound deadening. As for waiting for shipping, sometimes a few days waiting is worth it.

I would suggest doing the Big3 regardless. Sub woofer and amplifier wise, as people have suggested earlier there is a higher performance per dollar ratio from smaller internet based companies. But it does depend if you really want to stick with Best Buy because of your discount. If you grab a pair of Type-R's or Pioneer 3000's and a large RF amp, it has great potential to get loud for the dollar, and you will have good products. Did BB just pick up Focal or some high end brand recently?

You could also grab a pair of Fi SSD's and a Sundown amplifier and you will also have good products. So you need to figure out if you want to stay with in the Best Buy reach, or venture outside of it and try out new brands with the opportunity to speak directly to the company that makes them right here on SSA. It is all about what you are comfortable with. Might want to see if Audible Customs is still doing the free box with sub woofer purchase.

I think the box and sub deal maybe over i saw that over the summer really wanted to get in on it but my stupid gran dammm died on me when i moved back from school so that was a no go.. And i understand the dollar per ratio. im kinda thinking about just getting the amp best buy and the sub mayb audioque I AM going to look at the prices here also.

Edited by catrack_21

i would think even with a discount you could find everything you want on ebay for cheaper than at best buy.

start looking into some of the brands that get represented on here. like if oyu wanted type r's then maybe you would consider some fi ssd instead or maybe a single Fi Q or an ssa icon or any of them actually!!! i would say continue to do research and spend the money wisely.

Yea ebay was my best friend in high school but i want something with a warranty and with ours i can blow subs and just get them replaced, but i really wanna try some mach5s ixls

I buy stuff online often and If you buy from established online companies then you will get a warranty with your buy. sonicelectronix.com, audiosavings.com, onlinecarstereo.com

You are missing one. ;)

sorry denim, SSA Also

I worked at BB a couple years back and their discounts are nice, I believe 10% above the base price if I can remember. Get the Type Argghs for sure. Without question the best subs they sell there.

Edited by Enellz

Yep, didn't Ben do over a 150 with 2 12" Type Rs? I believe he did.

Besides shopping at bestbuy to keep warranty on subs is stupid...

Unless it's manufacturer defect which is VERY rare, it's user neglect that subs get damaged and i don't sympathize with those who abuse their warranty privileges because of it.

Yep, didn't Ben do over a 150 with 2 12" Type Rs? I believe he did.

Besides shopping at bestbuy to keep warranty on subs is stupid...

Unless it's manufacturer defect which is VERY rare, it's user neglect that subs get damaged and i don't sympathize with those who abuse their warranty privileges because of it.

x2, i would suggest that be the only reason why you shop at Best Buy ( a warranty is there for company defects, not to help the end user who fucked it themselves because they didnt know what they were doing). Personally you can get good products from the ssa.com store or ficaraudio.com, but Im not completely against mainstream like some people (The only mainstream subs I would still buy are Kicker CVX's and Alpine Type R's, now Rockford makes good amps but they are expensive and draw alot of power). If money is the problem and you want a quick upgrade then yeah save the money on the subs and get an SAE1200D to push those subs nicely (the amp is on sale now, look at the ssa.com store under the Amplifies/Sundown Audio section). just my .02

Dynamat Xtreme isn't necessarily the best bang for the buck, but $93 is a good price.

Edited by Rudy

If you want to learn to do deadening the right way and be cost-effective then talk to Rudy or I know him as Don of Sounddeadenershowdown!

If you want to learn to do deadening the right way and be cost-effective then talk to Rudy or I know him as Don of Sounddeadenershowdown!

[/quote

Ok i will do

Dynamat Xtreme isn't necessarily the best bang for the buck, but $93 is a good price.

Yea didnt think it was the best bcus i hardly hear of it in the forums just seeing if that was a good price. Then saw it goes for 300 bucks so i guess 93 is great...

THe headunit1015091251-00.jpg

the trunk 1016091457-00.jpg

trunk again 1016091457-01.jpg

So friday got my backseat out dont know why dont have any equipment just got bored wanted to see how'd it look without the back seat in. Also today after work did some price checks to compare my discount on the rf 1000bd its 309 soo def thinking about going with an aq 1200d hopefully order it this friday debating on that or a crib for my son but he's not due till jan lol. Also checked out a rf four channel amp i'll probly get for 180. So looks like the only thing i'll be getting from best buy my head unit 4 channel amp and some door speakers for the front

Edited by catrack_21