Maggotpuffin

4 Kicker CVR 15" Box Build

Im Helping a friend design a box he kinda wants a half wall. Two subs inside the cab ( no rear seat) and two in the trunk area. My idea is 3.5 cubic feet per sub about 55 cubic inches of port per sub. It will b one big box but inside it will be like each speaker has its own box and they all have their own port. So i suppose 14 cub ft internal after sub and port displacement and overall about 220 cub inches of port how does that sound any advice is appreciated. He has none of the equipment yet but he wants 4 cvr 15s and for power either two kicker kx1200.1 or one zx or kx 2500.1?

why not just go with 2 good 15's. you spend the same or less money and get better quality stuff. it will still be as loud or louder depending on what you get. i just think CVRs are a waste of money bc there is so much better out there

^^ i agree with loondizie

why not two better quality subs?

or is there a deal on the cvrs or something

If he has them for free, why not? It could be fun, and loud.

If not, tell your friend to come over here to see!

People will suggest him much better sub, depending on his goals. I think he wants to be loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can be loud with less subs, but 4 15" is always impressive in a car!!!

Im Helping a friend design a box he kinda wants a half wall. Two subs inside the cab ( no rear seat) and two in the trunk area. My idea is 3.5 cubic feet per sub about 55 cubic inches of port per sub. It will b one big box but inside it will be like each speaker has its own box and they all have their own port. So i suppose 14 cub ft internal after sub and port displacement and overall about 220 cub inches of port how does that sound any advice is appreciated. He has none of the equipment yet but he wants 4 cvr 15s and for power either two kicker kx1200.1 or one zx or kx 2500.1?

It seems like your friend is a kicker Fiend and he wants to stay Kicker then grab two Kicker CVX 15"s and call it a day (will sound better and perform better than the CVR's). Just my .02, or shop around on this website and see if he can find something he wants.

He loves big systems!!! In an old cutless he had 8 10's. He said he wants minumum of 3 15s

He just wants to do an all kicker build actually im the kicker fiend out of all my friends. I love their products

Big systems are for people who have room for big sysems, If you put that in the car the way you guys are planning is just gonna look ugly and not perform as well. People need to learn than 2-18''s in a trunk is not cool anymore if it sounds like shit or 2-12's can come by and make it sound like popcorn popping, just an example. He's better off measuring his trunk and seeing how much space he has and put what he can in there, that is just my .02.

He just wants to do an all kicker build actually im the kicker fiend out of all my friends. I love their products

CVR's are cool cause the get loud, but Im a CVX fan all day long and would suggest he do a build with some 10''s, 15''s or 12"s and call it a day. Once you measure up the max dimensions of the trunk then we can see what we can put in and how many while giving each sub the optimal space to perform and have the best output.

I know what you mean if i were him id probably get 2 fi bl fully loaded 12s or 15s but hes stubborn. he wants what he wants

Well give him what he wants and when someone pulls up next to him kicking his systems ass with less and smaller equipment then be like I told you so.

But personally I wouldnt even build it for him because it will be a waste of time, money and equipment. He should be grown enough, mature enough to sit down and be like fuck what you want its a waste just go this route (and if not then he probably the same person who wants all this to show off and kill the car audio industry scene thinking he has a killer system and playing it without others respect in mind).

I've seen eight 12's installed in the manner you're planning..... eight 12's eight amps, sounded horrible.. metered horrible, just horrible.... the gu posted like 132db running EIGHT 12's and close to 4000watts, waste of time and money. that style of install will most likely be hurt by some cancellation issues (granted each install/installer will be different--the guy with the 8-12's didn't have a clue).. you're better off with it in a real wall or stuff it in the trunk if it can fit (I'm gonna guess it won't)

Edited by rushnrun