Sign in to follow this  
mwoehr

Level 2 15 inch question

My gf just bought a car and I'm helping her set up a system in it. I have an enclosure for a 15 that is 3.5 cubes tuned to 34hz. Would that be ok for a Level 2 15 being powered by about 500 - 600 watts?

My gf just bought a car and I'm helping her set up a system in it. I have an enclosure for a 15 that is 3.5 cubes tuned to 34hz. Would that be ok for a Level 2 15 being powered by about 500 - 600 watts?

Too much power since they only need 300rms and a smaller box ( I would build a box in its recommended enclosure size or talk to rusty@dcsoundlab.com, and see what he says). just my .02

That is too much power for the lvl 2, especially in that box. A lvl 3 would be perfect though.

x2, good advice. :drink40:

You could do a level 2 and just keep the gain down, but I'm with the others. I'd just get a level 3 so that you can use the full potential from the amp. I don't know the prices but I doubt there's too large of a gap between the two?

That is too much power for the lvl 2, especially in that box. A lvl 3 would be perfect though.

x2, good advice. :drink40:

That size box would be ok for a Level 3? I want to get use out of the box being it was custom made and not cheap. My gf doesnt want alot of power. Just a basic 500 - 600 watt system and wants to use the box we already have.

Edited by Jysoe

Everybody said that would be a good size box for Level 3, what else do you want us to say for you to believe us.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/specs.html (do some research, it will help you). Good luck man.

No problem :drink40:

Waaaaaay late to the party.

Waaaaaay late to the party.

I guess some people just choose not to read the whole topic or just want to raise there post count. :ehh: