Sign in to follow this  
BiGIVIiKe1

Dual 12" FI BTL In Custom Enclosure Question

Might be a dumb question but whatever I'm very new in box design and I did search but it wasn't easy describing this in a search. I have a box now THE's set up for 1 12" FI BTL tuned to 32hz mounted in my tunk facing the rear of my trunk. Box cu ft now with 1 sub counting displacment and vent is 3.75.

I was thinking of installing a second one on the oppisite side of the box firing inside the cabin....

My question is: Will the sub work correctly and sound good this way?

With a second sub including displacemnt the cu ft. would by 3.57 so according to specs thats slightly above the low end size for 2 FI BTL's correct?

Any suggestions I would appreciate that help thanks guys!.

I would personally just do both subs firing towards the rear, just my .02.

well every car is different but in my experience I have always found it louder and more clean with both subs firing into the same space

I would personally just do both subs firing towards the rear, just my .02.

I guess I didn't mention the current box I wanted to do this with is alread built and is only wide enough at the back for one plus vent.

I guess I should just redesign a new bow that will fit both in the rear plus vent facing out rear or inside cabin?

Yeah a new box would be the best option.

Yeah a new box would be the best option.

Aight man, Thanks for the fast replies

2 quick questions

-Could this be used as a temporary set-up unitl I build anothoer box and will it sound ok?

- When I build this box should I vent towards rear or vent inside cabin. (through back seats)?

dont do it. not enough space and its just a bad idea. you should always face the subs in the same direction. however i suppose you could try to phase on sube with the other. it might work.... try it. i dont think you could hurt the subs. new box would be best option. and since it will be in a trunk with around 8 cu ft of box i would say seal it off firing towards the cabin. my $.02

So what is the net volume of the enclosure? You say 3.75 counting the vent and sub displacement, but with that wording I can't tell if that's gross or net.

There would be no mechanical or electrical problems running the subs on opposite faces. Wouldn't hurt the subs at all. But it probably won't be much louder as you'll likely get some cancellation. If you're going to build a new box anyway you could try it, but I wouldn't count on it being any sort of permanent solution nor would I expect much out of it in the meantime.

best way to do it is subs and port facing back in a trunk. you can face it all to the cabin and seal everything off, but it's tough to get everything sealed. (this is how my setup is and if you do it it basically has to be permanent in the vehicle)

Sign in to follow this