Kent535

Screen Install In Box

Cool, whats your video source gonna be? DVD Headunit, game console, mini cams ???
Itll Be Hooked Up To The DVD Headunit Mostly For Music Videos

UPDATE ! - Ok so i Finally got some time to work on the screen install

Glue Is Drying Right Now And Should Be Finished Up Hopefully Tomorrow Or Friday!

Bracing And Screen Border Is Half Done.

Heres Some Pics;)

Screen Up? Lol Wouldnt Last 10 Seconds With That BTL

IMG00298-20091021-1940.jpg

MDF For The Bracing And Border For The Screen,

IMG00292-20091021-1933.jpg

Making Measurements

IMG00295-20091021-1938.jpg

Test Fitting To Make Surre Everything Will Fit Just Right

IMG00300-20091021-1949.jpg

Glueing Bracing And Border In

IMG00299-20091021-1948.jpg

Inputs On The 22" Screen

IMG00297-20091021-1939.jpg

Perfect Fit On The Left Side

IMG00302-20091021-2103.jpg

Perfect Fit On The Right Side

IMG00301-20091021-2103.jpg

Final Progress At The End Of Today :) Both Borders Up So The Screen Wont Move Left And Right

IMG00304-20091021-2104.jpg

Edited by Kent

OK, I really misunderstood what you wanted to do... I made a second back pannel that I mounted the LCDs in/too, I did not cut a hole in the enclosure itself for the LCDs... I think this will have or develop leakage issues and be bad on the LCD.... Thay say not to even mount electronics on the back of a Sub enclosure because of the vibrations, but in it... :)

Yea I was way off and mis-understood... Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to be helpful as thats what were all here for... Well, most.. :)

Well, you've already got it cut out, so hopefully it works out for the best!!!!!

If this will upload, here is how I had just the two LCDs, one on either side of my amp... I can't find pics of it with the Amps in the front of the enclosure and the bigger LCD in the middle... We re-did it like 3-4, 5 times... I'm never happy...

5488_101155479896774_100000069666223_33068_4986730_n.jpg

Edited by smullen

In order for this to work you need to seal off where the tv is. If you do not the tv will likely break due to pressure on the internals, the box will definitely leak, and you will not be happy. Just throw a sheet of mdf over the tv and screw it to the sides of the box.

OK, I really misunderstood what you wanted to do... I made a second back pannel that I mounted the LCDs in/too, I did not cut a hole in the enclosure itself for the LCDs... I think this will have or develop leakage issues and be bad on the LCD.... Thay say not to even mount electronics on the back of a Sub enclosure because of the vibrations, but in it... :)

Yea I was way off and mis-understood... Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to be helpful as thats what were all here for... Well, most.. :)

Well, you've already got it cut out, so hopefully it works out for the best!!!!!

If this will upload, here is how I had just the two LCDs, one on either side of my amp... I can't find pics of it with the Amps in the front of the enclosure and the bigger LCD in the middle... We re-did it like 3-4, 5 times... I'm never happy...

5488_101155479896774_100000069666223_33068_4986730_n.jpg

See I understood where he was wanting to go with it so thats why I was telling him not to do it, if he said something like what you have in the picture then I would of said go for it.

Nice fucking install man, love the extra work and detail put into it. :woot:

OP I do hope it works out for you in the end, will the displacement from the tv affect the box's size and tuning to where you wont want it or have you already calculated that into play before putting this idea into action. Just curious is your signature your future updates or what since I only see one sub and box?

Well Origionaly There Was A piece Of Plexiglass That Was Screwed Into the box. Mounted Flush With It.

Once I Get The Screen Back In Im Going To Put The Plexiglass Back On.

What Were You Saying About The Preassure On The Internals Affecting The Screen?

If you put a piece of plexi over the tv on the inside you will be fine. If you do not have that on think about it. It is 10x worse than having an amplifier mounted to the OUTSIDE of the box. All the internals will eventually become loose, crack, or come apart due to all the vibration inside the box (solder can undo and whatnot as well).

You NEED to build the tv inside a separate enclosure so there is less of an effect from the subwoofer. So just throwing a layer of plexi over the back of the tv will allow a separate enclosure for the tv as long as it is properly sealed off and fastened down.

You would be better off with mdf in the back however as it is more sturdy.

Well I Cut A Piece Of MDF yesterday that covers almost half on the screen so it would hold it in place.

I Would Order Some More 1" plexiglass but prices have gone up for them :shrug:

Im Trying To Work With What I Currently Have, So I Came Up With The Best Solution For Now Untill I Have The Chance To Get Wome More MDF :woot:

Well you might want to not use the sub until then. If you break your tv you are going to be upset.

TODAYS WORK!!:)

Cut a piece of mdf so that the connections could fit it once under the screen

IMG00312-20091022-1749.jpg

DVI,VGA & Power Cable All Fitted Correctly

IMG00316-20091022-1809.jpg

Side View With The Screen In

IMG00307-20091022-1720.jpg

Bracing And Border All Glued Up

IMG00317-20091022-1831.jpg

Screen off without the plexiglass on

IMG00305-20091022-1719.jpg

IMG00306-20091022-1720.jpg

Screen On With No Plexiglass

IMG00308-20091022-1722.jpg

IMG00309-20091022-1722.jpg

Playing Some Young Jeezy With The Plexiglass On ;)

IMG00310-20091022-1729.jpg

IMG00311-20091022-1729.jpg

Edited by Kent

I would be curious what happens to the picture once the driver is installed and playing at a high level.

fuk me ..... :woot: that shit wont end good ... the screen could just be mounted on the box and made look like its in there clap.gif

I am telling you you better cover the entire rear housing or by by monitor! Ill be taking cover for when it blows up :peepwall: . Let the demolishion begin :woot:

Bad News Guys :(

I Had Everything Installed And I Was Playing The BTL

However Since Ive Been Running It Off A 300 Watt Plate Amp Its Been Wired To 4 ohm

But I Thought Id Wire It To 1 ohm today,,,,,,

All The Pieces That Were Holding The Screen In Place Came Off.

Just To Clarify Any comments about the screen rattling it did rattle like CRAZZYYY and

made a terrible lot of noise

But once i put the plexi over it nooooo more rattle :)

Heres A Pic And Video Of How BEAST This BTL Is at 1 ohm ;)

IMG00323-20091023-1858.jpg

th_VID00016-20091023-1848.jpg

It is looking good. If that piece of plexi was shaking like that I do not even want to know what is going to happen to those tv internals over time.