Sign in to follow this  
afboy143

SI D2 and the Snail Shell Box

I was on sounddomain.com reading a thread on the XXX subwoofers and how people were building these snail shell boxes for them. They were saying how the sub got crazy loud and its the best ever. Has anyone here put their sub in a snail shell and listened to how it sounded? Anyone got plans so I can try this?

The new subs aren't quite done yet..and i haven't fiddled with the old ones as far as a snailshell like that :)

the xxx is one of the best, maybe..the best? depend upon ur personal application. and ears. but it's no where near the best IMO.

the SS box has gotten tons of good reviews. good luck getting plans. i know there was a free set givin out one time, but i can't recall where. i, too, would like to throw a sub in a SS box. see if the hype is real.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well I have seen the plans for the snail shell box for the XXX....What if I stuck a magnum in the same box?

Read in depth on the design as it is not well suited to just any driver. There are certain tweaks that must be made, but of all the experiences I have personally read about them, they seem to do nothing more than provide a smoother curve over a traditional vented enclosure. I know the +9dB gains are BS, and I've seen several frequency response plots. Nowhere have I seen any huge peaks or gains over any other design.