Sign in to follow this  
satwilson

Transmission line enclosures

Has anyone had any experience building transmission line enclosures for a 12" SSD. Saw a post on another forum where this person used a Fi SE, 12", to build one and everything I read about these cabinets talks about how accurate and loud they can be. Only downside is they are HUGE and heavy, but in comparison to regular sealed and ported enclosures they are superior, best match for any driver, superior SQ, and the most output. Also, this one was tuned to 25hz and would reputedly play notes an octave below that no problem. Sounds like it may be a good design for a combination music/HT enclosure. Any thoughts about these claims and or experience would be appreciated. satwilson

Has anyone had any experience building transmission line enclosures for a 12" SSD. Saw a post on another forum where this person used a Fi SE, 12", to build one and everything I read about these cabinets talks about how accurate and loud they can be. Only downside is they are HUGE and heavy, but in comparison to regular sealed and ported enclosures they are superior, best match for any driver, superior SQ, and the most output. Also, this one was tuned to 25hz and would reputedly play notes an octave below that no problem. Sounds like it may be a good design for a combination music/HT enclosure. Any thoughts about these claims and or experience would be appreciated. satwilson

The human ear can only hear down to ~22hz :( And an octave below would be ~12.5hz

Other than that, i am interested in T-lines, so i'll shut up and listen popcorn.gif .

From what Ive read (which isnt much) on T-Lines is that they are sort of one note wonders and youll need some sort of equalizer to make it sound right.

I run tlines and they rock. And they are loud as hell and have a wickedly flat response from 25hz-80hz

I have a vid of the camera picking up 25hz pops, it's kinda cool.

Check out the super-spud, it kicks the crap out of a XXX18. It has two 10s and maxes out at 800W.